The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 01:45:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frenu in the Inferno  (Read 2668 times)
hithero
Jenta

« on: November 22, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

This is probably my favourite scenario, the sense of impending doom is always upon you as the fire slowly, and sometimes not so slowly, moves towards you.  The only safe place is on top of the bare hill, if the line of fire moves past a model then it is incinerated and removed from play.

Paul used the playest Frenu as before but this time I took Roban, a priest and 2 bodyguard, Andy had a Relan captain and 2 knights, Militia captain, warrior and a greku or two (note his force decreases in size after the first turn as he realised he costed his knights as basic empire ones).  The forces are around 300pts each.

Here's the set up after the first turn, with the Empire being unable to move before the second initiative combat stone is drawn.

Paul launches 5 Frenu in a bombing run taking out all of Robans followers.

Roban is a bit miffed about this so heads back to seek revenge but fails to do anything after a couple of combats due to the Kaopi elite (Harpy) burning up local Frenu to Dodge and recast combat stones.

The fire is now up to the hill so Roban breaks of and goes right to take down a Protifubarnii on his way.  The Empire is still unscathed and reach the hill.  The Kedashi Swarms also head for the hill.

A melee takes place as all sides try to slay opposing Elites, but none go down.

Then the Empire mob take over...

... resulting in several casualties.

The fight continues and Roban finally takes down a warrior of worth, despatching Relan captain.

The fire is now lapping the hill...

Roban get mobbed by the Empire thanks to the Militia captains Coordinated Strike.  Roban has been unlucky throughout the battle and constantly failed his Tough saves and had to burn through his Stamina for recasts, at this point he had none left.

...and then goes to do the same to the remaining Kaopi.  The fire wraps round and catches the Bagrun, unable to move as its lost its controller, and the last of the Elites take each other out.

'twas a great game (again), I /we just love the uncertainty of when the fight will take place during the turn as soldiers jostle for position and no model is safe, even a great god.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:53:52 pm »

Thank you for this Smiley. It was very entertaining to read and watch.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:16:13 pm »

That's a great battle report, particularly with so many photos! I need to hurry up and get you the kaopi and swarms into production  Smiley
Roban is a great choice for this scenario (very hard to kill!), but looks like his luck ran out.
Interesting to see how the Kedashi Swarm (Frenu) are faring against so many different opponents and in so many different scenarios - just the sort of playtesting they need!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: