The World Of Twilight
April 19, 2024, 11:03:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Poll
Question: Should I give the Enuk a harness?
Yes
No
Only the Captain (upcoming)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Household Knight  (Read 6101 times)
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« on: November 28, 2014, 12:43:14 pm »

Well, while looking into some of the old Twilight Travelers I saw the first appearance of the Fubarnii Nobles, and their Household Knights. And realized they were missing in the new book. I kinda liked the idea anyways, and so talked to Mike about them. He told me if I would provide a model he would provide the rules. Challenge accepted.
For the general design, I tried to keep the one of the Noble Guard, although I needed smaller changes because of the knight as the base model (the helmet and front armor etc.)

Here are the first pics for now:

first stage, getting some decent clothing

helm details

different weapons

sadly, Mike refused the idea of a Unicorn Enuk Wink

Backarmor

Almost done, now only waiting for the GS to dry, then some sanding and then color!

Also, what so you guys think, Axe (not pictured, similar to the Noble Guard Halberds) or the lance?

More tomorrow or Sunday, probably already painted (the sanding isn't that exciting to be posted)

cheers, The Slann
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:46:19 pm by The Slann » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:15:44 pm »

This is the sort of project I love to see  Grin
He's coming along great!
Now I have to think up rules...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:18:45 pm »

Write one for lance and one for axe Wink So I can use the op one Tongue

I might stick with the lance anyways, you can put a nice little flag on the tip Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

That is a great conversion! Nice work with the putty.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 06:41:59 pm »

Thx a lot Smiley
I'm really eager to paint him now, but I really need to wait the 24 putty hours, before final sanding and such. If Mike writes decent rules, I might have to do more...
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 07:26:30 pm »

I am very impressed. Looking good.

How many are you hoping to make?
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:40 pm »

thx again.

Will see, maybe 2 or three more, I hope I can improve with every single one Wink My problem is, that I want to see something done, so I'm a bit impatient while doing it first time, with the next one(s) I plan on spending more time on every layer of gs, and even the preparation. You know, using better tools etc.
But for not sculpting in years I'm still pretty happy with that guy, now to the paints Smiley
cheers
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 11:25:04 pm »

Really like the concept here, and really impressed with the execution so far too! If you've not worked with G.S. in a while it's even better. Keep it up!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 12:49:58 pm »

Really like the concept here, and really impressed with the execution so far too! If you've not worked with G.S. in a while it's even better. Keep it up!

thx again Smiley

Well, I added a poll, because when i glued the head on the body of the Enuk, it felt kind of weird with this necklace, so maybe I add a harness. I primed it for now, but the harness can be added later, as I paint the rider first anyways (enuk needs to be adjusted to his colors, no idea jet)

Also, he gets white armor, thx to the request in my open mini thread... (mad look at TuffSkull Wink )
 oh well...
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 04:02:33 pm »

I like your conversion, it really makes me think I must do more with my green stuff than just head conversions.

Also it always amazes me how people have similar thoughts at the same time.

I was only thinking last night about mounted caravan guards, with a hand weapon (sword/axe/mace) rather than a lance; which is not too dissimilar to your idea.

It will be interesing to see what rules Mike comes up with, as they might be of some use to me.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »

I think that when you add a harnass to all of your knights it will be a bit too much.
Part of why I like World of Twilight so much is the simplicity, yet effective look, of the sculpts.
If you cram too much detail on a model, I don't know if it will fit in with all the rest.
So my suggestion is to do it for special models like the captain.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 09:52:19 am »

I was only thinking last night about mounted caravan guards, with a hand weapon (sword/axe/mace) rather than a lance; which is not too dissimilar to your idea.

hehe, that were all my other weapon options Wink

I think that when you add a harnass to all of your knights it will be a bit too much.
Part of why I like World of Twilight so much is the simplicity, yet effective look, of the sculpts.
If you cram too much detail on a model, I don't know if it will fit in with all the rest.
So my suggestion is to do it for special models like the captain.

hmmmm... I think you're right on this one. The idea I came up with (too late) is putting the gems on the leather necklace thing the enuk already has modeled on the body. To back to gs Tongue
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 09:41:09 pm »

yeah, I didn't get much done, I'm super indecisive on the colors too, so I might wait a bit for my nobleguard to arrive, and try on them, as they're tin. And happy to bath in nitro if it doesn't work out. Not sure yet. Maybe I get a good Idea. I just can't decide if I should go full color or decent. well well, here a pic of the with, this turned out very nicely again (maybe I get going on my White Scars at some point now Tongue )

cheers
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 10:19:05 pm »

Nice start ...  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: