The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 03:48:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: skin tones  (Read 4355 times)
eddieharr
Jenta

« on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:04 am »

Do the Fubarnii have different types of skin tones? From greens to blues to browns, etc.? I ask because in the rulebook and pics Ive seen of them they all have a brownish tone. Thanks
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:25:01 am »

The fubarnii do have a lot of variation in skin tones, slightly more than humans. As a quick guide:
Delgon/Dhogu - grey
Engu - darker brown
Teral - mid-tan, but often mottled
Orel and central empire - varying shades of tan from light to dark
The Great Lakes (Larigal etc) - similar to the central empire, but occasional greener tones

Fubarnii will often have mottled patternings, but these are most common in the western clans.
The Casanii are more open to interpretation at the moment.
Knights are drawn and mingled from across the empire, so you would expect to see variation within squads.
I think that blue would be unlikely as a natural tone.
I hope that helps!
eddieharr
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:54:52 pm »

I am looking at creating my own settlement in the world and have come across a few questions:

You stated around the Lakes they have some green tones, is this a light green? Also, what does Enipel Moeras mean (on map in that area)? Is that just the name of the region?

In the upper left there is an island with the city Tukodel. Is this Fubarnii or Engu? Part of the Empire? Is this a cold place?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 10:32:11 am »

Enipel and Moeras are two separate clans - I realise now that I shouldn't have written the names following the same line...

Both clans were originally inspired by forum members - Enipel was created by Megatron and Moeras by Jubal. The links to their threads should give you a good feel for the clans, but I treat what they've written as inspiration rather than hard facts.

Greens should be natural tones, but as yet I don't think anybody has tried painting a green fubarnii... I'm open to suggestions, but nothing tooo bright!

Tukodel is part of the Engu clan (which also makes it Fubarnii and part of the Empire). It's a cold and unforgiving island where the hardy locals scrape a living. It is on the biggest of the Enguan Isles though, so Tukodel is a relatively large city. On the isles there are various small holdings and they grow some crops and keep small quantities livestock, but also fish and hunt the Droba. Tukodel has large docks and some ship production, but the main ship-building would be on the mainland.

Enipel, Moeras and the Enguan isles are good areas for creating a settlement. The Enguan islands would typically be occupied by the large 'eragu' fubarnii, but you can always come up with a story why a group of southern fubarnii may live there.
eddieharr
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 04:32:09 am »

Thank you for your response. I finally finished the book last night and read about the Engu. I became very interested in the Fubarnii who live on the coast side of Naralon Forest, who the Engu supply. Are these Fubarnii more like those of the Central Empire (than those of Engu)? Also, what skin tone would they have? I would like to explore them more. Maybe shades of greenish tone as to blend in with the Forest for protection? They are basically on their own and fight against the mysteries of the Forest. Their equipment isnt as good as the rest of the empire, but they do get weapons and supplies here are there either from Engu or Teral.

One last questions: the island west of Oboch, is this island Casani? Also, when can we expect to see more Casani models? Cant wait for those Smiley

As you can see, I really want to find some Fubarnii with green tones, mainly a lighter green than "Ork" green.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 10:35:21 am »

I've not investigated those settlements much, but those are good ideas. You can even have then green Smiley
I wouldn't expect they get much support from the Emperors knights, but they have a small presence. You would be more likely to get a few Engu who've decided to stay in the settlements, possibly interbreeding with the (green skinned) locals over the years.
You should post some notes in the clans section of the forum if you decide to go there!

I'm itching to start on the Casanii... Just as soon as I've completed all my kickstarter commitments they'll be at the top of the list. I can't wait to do some of their mounts!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 11:03:17 am »

Ouh, the Casanii are going to get mounts. Can't wait to see them!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »

I second that.

Casanii and mounts will go straight onto my purchase list when available.

Keep up the good work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: