The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 11:55:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Darker side of Twilight.  (Read 13082 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 07:48:30 pm »

I have a definite soft spot for the Kedashi and the trebarnii - they are a challenge for production and I'm not sure many people have played them very much, but I'm really pleased with them. The big swarms and the way they play is a lot of fun, but certainly one for more experienced players!
I would very much like to develop them next - sculpt the kedashi queens and expand upon the trebarnii. Trebarnii swarm callers (who can manipulate the frenu swarms) and maybe some new beasts that they can work with. Large flightless bird-like mounts that will burst from the undergrowth with the whooping trebarnii clinging on for dear life.
Maybe some day I'll sculpt the emperors pet trebarnii that is kept in the palace, dressed in fine clothes and forced to perform tricks to entertain the royal guests.

Actual monkey-like gibbons? Creatures from another family that haven't developed as much? Could be interesting.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 12:22:27 pm »

Wasn't sure where to post this, so it is here!

A New Year photo of my Kedashi swarms as they are at the moment.

As you can see, I went for the unpopular painting scheme of all the Frenu in the same colour! Tongue
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:15:46 pm by serin » Logged
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »

That's a fine looking force you have there.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Erik
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 05:39:15 pm »

To me, the Trebarnii look like quiet, enslaved, crushed-spirits, creeping-through-the-jungle guys, as opposed to passionate war whooping Indians.  Maybe that's just me, though.

I wonder what kind of tension would exist between the enslaved/dependant and their masters.

A mini of a shaman-like Trebarnii with butterfly-sized swarms circling an outstretched hand would look really cool.  Also, perhaps a "leader" with something perched on his shoulder, telling him what to tell the other Trebarnii, both as the boss and as an angel/devil on the shoulder.  Maybe a little group of Protectors of the Masters' Eggs, too.  Sounds more like a scenario than a new mini sculpt, but perhaps it will ignite someone else's imagination.   Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: