The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 09:23:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: February Challenge - Jenta Outcasts  (Read 10024 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

Hi All,
Just finished my first starter force since receiving my kickstarter lot (yes its taken me a while...) and as it looks like there's a painting challenge on I thought I'd post them here! Not played a game yet but the rules look good - I'll have to get on and paint up an opposing force. I've seen lots of really nicely painted figures and scenery browsing the forum, lots of inspiration, and I like how you can pretty much paint the figures in any colour or scheme that you want. I've really enjoyed painting these as they're a lot different to my usual WWII figures. Here are the pictures:

Main picture (I need to sort out some scenery more in-keeping with the game):

And some close-ups....

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:42:58 pm by benmoor » Logged

Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

A very colourful and interesting take on the Devanu faction, I like it a lot.  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »

That's a really nice take on the devanu there! One of my favourites from all those I've seen to date - the coloration choices are superb. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:24:21 pm »

Amazing set of devanu. Certainly gets my vote for the best painted force for February. Great late entry. Keep up the good work. Grin
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:41:49 pm by serin » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 06:17:27 pm »

This entry is a very pleasant surprise!
Fantastic take on the devanu. Have you been looking at a dinosaur book for inspiration?
(Also, welcome to the forum! Great way to make an entrance Smiley )
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 08:26:53 pm »

These look amazing, very colourful and realistic tones at the same time!
Very inspiring if I may say so.
Do you have a blog or something like that? I'd love to see more of your work.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:35:10 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »

Wow - Thanks for all the great comments!
I can't wait to have a game with them - already looking for inspiration on what scheme to paint my Empire force.
I did take some ideas from dinosaur images, I think it was from this site, which has loads:
http://ayay.co.uk/image/featuring/dinosaurs/

Kryptovidicus - Cheers for the comments, no blog sadly but I'll make sure I post some pics of the next lot I do on here also. The rest of my stuff is mainly historical and so not as bright and fun as this lot!

Ben

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 10:55:07 pm »

great looking pieces. I especially like the green with blue pattern.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 10:26:10 am »

Kryptovidicus - Cheers for the comments, no blog sadly but I'll make sure I post some pics of the next lot I do on here also. The rest of my stuff is mainly historical and so not as bright and fun as this lot!

Well, I almost can't wait to see more of your work and I look forward to see your painted empire force.
But as you kind of introduced yourself as a slow painter Smiley, I suppose you won't make it for the challenge this month.

I think Mike should post these on Facebook for the people who don't visit the forum often.
If anything inspires people to paint it is your take and paintjob on these Devanu.
Just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:28:00 am by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 12:14:52 pm »

Superb scheme and something a little different from the norm not to mention well executed.
I look forward to seeing the rest of your forces painted up.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 05:35:18 pm »

Really really cool scheme. Might steal it for a couple of Lizardmen Wink

Looking forward to the rest of your KS stuff!
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:14:17 am »

Thanks again for the comments guys. Its encouraging me to get on with painting the rest of them!
I'll post up some WiP pics once I've actually got round to doing something!

Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

Absolutely awesome painting! Whats more, is the quality of the photography. Its tough to photograph mini's at this level of detail. These are some of the best I've seen!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: