The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 05:16:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frenu paintschemes  (Read 5535 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:03 pm »

I could do with a little help, so there are a couple more playtest points up for grabs!
I'm trying to decide what colours the frenu should be, but I'm somewhat torn. Should they be a bright colour? A mix of bright colours within a swarm? More dull colours? How about the larger kaopi?

What do you all think? Bonus points if you show some painted examples Grin
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:14 pm »

I'm thinking somewhere between butterflies and lizards myself.

Concept is that males (Or kopa if they conform to the Anyaral A-sexual stylings of the other races...) are and relatively bright, with colourful patterned wings, where the females / Jenta are duller, more muted. Patterning wise, I'm not thinking butterfly style, but more sticking with mottled colours, like lizard / snake coloration's  but brighter.

This leaves options for a swarm representing a breeding flock, where it may well be mostly Jenta, and thus mostly muted tones, or a young / specially collated attack swarm of more males / kopa and thus a more colourful affair ( which is what I'm going to go for myself, assuming I can get it to work how it does in my head! )

Bigger pieces will be decided upon depending how I get the frenu themselves to work out, but probably more muted once again, letting the frenu stand out.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:03:57 pm »

Interesting thoughts, but a bit more info about the frenu might help!
The frenu are the little ones and they are the immature of the species. The kaopi are the big ones and are the adult kopa (males). The sempa are a project for the future.
Colouring by age could make sense!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:26:52 pm »

I'm painting mine like little dragons. Varying all in colour, a bit like the many tropical birds in our jungles.
The last thing I'd like is to do an uniform scheme on them.

I'll try to post some photos of my WIP.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:36:13 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 05:40:05 pm »

Here's some unfinished frenu. It is a bit hard to see, but they are all different in colour.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 06:26:15 pm »

The red one with the orange wings (in the middle of the pic) is my favourite.  Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 11:05:42 pm »

Nice variety there!
I think joe may go a similar route, but we are still being indecisive!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »

I am afraid my frenu are pretty uniform, though I did go for a bright colour scheme.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:13:07 pm by serin » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:21 am »

These look very cool too, but I'll stick to my many colours Wink.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 08:37:05 am »

I'm liking the reds! What colour will the kaopi be?

By the way, I'm working hard to get the rest of the frenu sets out to people as soon as possible. I'm investigating an economical way of getting them all cast in resin, but I'm going to try and get a first run out to everybody who has done some playtesting very shortly. There's still time to do some playtesting if you haven't already  Smiley
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 10:21:20 pm »

Not sure yet what to do with the Kaopi - possibly a darker scheme - more of a burgundy?

Sounds exciting about new casts on their way soon!

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: