The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:52:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kedashi Playtest Rules  (Read 10501 times)
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 08:02:04 pm »

And on Kedashi victories: add another one to the list. We've played a 3,000 points game this weekend (1,000 each of Delgon, Empire and Kedashi). The Delgon fared the worst (not a surprise), with the Empire holding its own quite well. I'll try and post details later in the week.

The theme was "attack of the Kedashi tree". Dehran brought a band to bring it down; the Empire were tracking him, and the Kedashi were in the middle of it all.

We added the twist the the KalGush were able to burn the forest, which made things interesting:

• The KalGush can set fire to the forest if they shoot and throw at least one Erac. Place a fire counter.
  • At the start of each combat, move all fire counters by d3”, in the direction indicated by the scatter die (hey, if we can't use them in that other game anymore, they have to find another use).
  • The fire always moves, it will not stay in place.
  • If a fire token ends up more than 9” of any other token (border to border), it disappears on a roll of 1-3.
  • Any minis caught in the fire zone (using the centre of the fire tokens) gets burned and is removed if it fails a save (at -1).
  • It is not possible to fly over / across the fire.
  • The fire does not block line of sight, but it does obscure minis on the other side of it.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »

That's a huge game!
Fire rules look good - I've wanted to do something like that for ages.
Fire counters are the 30mm bases? How does the fire zone work? Is that just the area of the counter, or something bigger?
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »

Quick note to say I've updated the test cards with the latest rules changes:

Ancient queen: http://www.ar-tat.org/anyaral/Ancient%20Queen.png

Young Queen: http://www.ar-tat.org/anyaral/Young%20Queen.png
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 09:45:43 pm »

Yes, we used the counters from the Inferno pack (and made some more quickly out of card once we ran out).

2 counters create a wall of flame if they are less than 9" apart. If there are several counters close enough to each other they cover the entire area in flames. It's actually quite easy to manage in practice.

I lost a couple of KalGush to the fire they had unleashed…  Smiley
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 08:13:38 pm »

Because I've got a bit of battle report fatigue right now, I've done 2 quick animations describing how the 'bagrun tactic' works. It is valid for the current playtesting rules (I hope Tongue).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqHV2kL-zD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIAXqju0x74

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 11:24:10 pm »

And on and on until the kalgush incinerates the annoying little frenu...
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 06:08:13 am »

That's happened before. But then the KalGush itself is most likely dead, and the queen can spend a spare stamina point if required to bring the frenu back.
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »

We've been playing a few more games, but the sloth is strong with me these days, so not battle reports just yet.

In general, the games turn out as expected:

• the bagrun list remains vicious (and won't be played for a bit),
  • with a 'classic' kaopi/swarm list, the kedashi do well when there is terrain to play with, less so on a bare table,
  • the howlers and abroks are fun to play, and will get more testing. Because fun.

I've also made a video (with a bit of noise this time), showing how many charges a bagrun list can get in a single turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvukyXqgOa4

As for the Belan Rider, it is truly unstoppable…

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 07:41:25 am »

These YouTube videos are great! Clear and straight to the point.
I wouldn't mind seeing a full battle report on YouTube either. There are so few World of Twilight movies.
Nice work and a fantastic job playtesting the Kedashi list.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
fikster
Jenta

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 12:55:02 pm »

Thank you for the kind words. Full video reports might take a bit more time. We did make some tries over the summer with time lapses, but haven't found a good set up just yet…

Not giving up, but it might be a few months.

(not a royal we, by the way! - I have a partner in crime for these things)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 06:01:29 pm »

Looking forward to it!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »

Good video!
You are managing to convince me to nerf your forces a bit when I finalise the rules  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: