The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:49:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures from Demo Day (25 pictures)  (Read 4830 times)
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« on: April 02, 2015, 02:56:11 pm »

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I threw it into the General category.

these were taken before the event started in a part of the store where there is better lighting for picture taking. the set-up was then moved to it's slot in the general event area. so then, on with the show!

* these are the promo materials: sign mounted on comic backer board, brand cards with the Twilight logo, little 4 page booklets that have a sampling of models, stickers of the faction logos, and faction kit boxes.

* each kit box contains it's own cloth lined combat stone cup, dice, unit cards, initiative stones, and stamina counters. I wanted to contain them all so players could easily see what goes with each force, and they make nifty transport boxes  Cheesy

* the lid of each box is used for casting combat stones and is also cloth lined. the Empire stones are done to resemble wood, (the picture is a little washed out  Sad  ), the Devanu are done as stone. I didn't have time to do the Delgon.

* the sample booklets: just copies  of unit cards and the logos. also the back of the booklet and brand card.

*  close up pictures

* the stalking Devanu attack!  Shocked

and that's that.  Smiley  the fellow who took the pictures actually took over 200 hundred of them and pared them down to 75 that he sent to me.  if there's a model you'd like to see at a different angle, then there's probably a picture of that  available.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »

Wow, I'm impressed! Great ideas for presentation there and those photos really show off your models! Shame I didn't see those before I awarded the March painting awards. Actually, I'm going to cheat and add an extra prize, just need to think up a suitable name for it  Smiley
What are the dice cups you used?
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

Wow, wow, wow look at this.
Everything looks great, this is dedication.
Your demo gear looks superb.

By the way, your miniatures look even better in these photos.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:12:34 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:34 pm »

Absolutely amazing !
With that stuff you must recruit a lot !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 02:31:39 am »

thanks for the kind words.  Smiley

the dice cups are mini cauldrons that my local supermarket put on the clearance shelf after Halloween.   Grin

a piece of cloth is laid across the bottom of the cup and then I insert the folded and stapled cloth as pictured into the cup. the cloth is slightly longer than the cup so it causes the cloth to bunch up a little and keeps it from falling out no matter how many times you shake it with the stones or cast them. there was no need to glue the cloth down and this way the stones only come into contact with each other and not the cup so it minimizes any chance of scratching the paint. though I did use two coats of varnish on the stones and only cast them into the trays/lids I made to further reduce the chances of chipping.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 08:02:23 am »

Excellent work! Thank you for the tutorial,  now I know what I have to look out for after halloween this year Smiley.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:28:22 am »

Seriously impressive stuff. Best presentation of an intro game I've seen, and I've seen a lot! The faction boxes and the work you out into them are top of the list - brilliant!

As others say, these pics really help to show of your painting work to a truer standard as well. Definitely worthy of an extra award!

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 10:32:57 am »

Great photos - I really like what you've done with your combat stones with the wood and stone effects. I will have to remember that when I come to do mine!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:48 am »

Fantastic work on not only the miniatures but the demo materials, really eye catching way to get new players in.  Well done!

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:03:50 am »

thank you for the good words from folks!  Wink  I took a break from painting last week, but today is my regular painting day, so I'm hoping to finish up the remaining stones I have.   Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: