The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 09:50:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escalating the war  (Read 4099 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 01, 2015, 08:20:40 am »

I was wondering if there were plans to step away from the skirmish game style and do larger forces for the game.

With a second enarii coming up, who is going to take a more active leadership role against the empire, and Arak Katain gathering a fearsome imposing Devanu force, it seems like the conflict is escalating.
I also noticed the scetch of the Yirnak drawn cannon in the Delgon chapter, but I don't know if there are plans releasing this.
But with the increasing focus on resin I consider it likely.

While I don't mind seeing the world and game grow, I'm also a bit worried.
I used to play a lot of Warmachine/Hordes, back in the day when it was still a casual skirmish game. They also took a step up and adapted it for larger scale war with the release of MK2.
It ruined the game in my opinion ...

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:38:32 am »

Don't worry, my heart lies with small skirmish games. I like the idea of trying out some larger games, just to try and break the rules, but those are fun 'event games' and wouldn't replace smaller skirmishes. If somebody wants to try out larger scale rules then I'll be happy to help out, but that's not the main plan.
I do want to tell a bigger story though, with the world evolving and changing over the years. The Delgon and the Enarii will be the catalyst for those changes.

The big mortar thing is a belderak, which was mentioned way back in book 2. I want to do a smaller one as a little artillery piece, but I've not managed to sculpt it yet...

As for where the story will go next? There have been plenty of clues so far  Smiley
First up are the frenu (in resin for practicality with the flying models), then I'll finally get to do the Casanii (more resin so I can do them some larger beasts as mounts).
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:57:40 am »

Can't wait for the Casanii to show up, love the miniature from the trade caravan.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:56:48 pm »

Glad to hear that!
I'm also a big fan of skirmish style games, hence my concern.
When it comes to the always moving and evolving story or plot, I'm all behind you.
I like it when a game isn't standing still, but progress is made.

I look forward to both the Frenu and Casanii, but would like to paint what I already have first and then expand so I'll be able to play all of the scenarios with the recommended forces.

Thank you for the answer! Even though I still have to play my first game against an opponent, World of Twilight has become my favourite game. And I would hate to see it fall.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »

sounds good to me as well.   Wink  though playing a large game can have it's appeal, I have noticed that sometimes miniature games  just get unwieldy  if they get too big. not to mention that as I get older I find my hobby time is less consistent and being able to complete a playable force rather than always playing catch-up is vastly appealing.

and while I'm waiting for the pictures from the demo to make their way to me I can give you some feedback from people who attended. everyone liked it!   Cheesy   the highlights:

* 5 people played a game and another 6 people sat to watch a game, not counting the other folks who looked, asked questions and moved on. people generally fell into two categories: they liked everything about the game and had some interest in checking it out. or they admired the quality of the models, artwork, game mechanics, and enjoyed the spectacle of seeing a new unique world, but were more inclined to human based games.

* all but one of the people who played chose the Devanu as their force. people really liked the action dynamics of the models A LOT. that was mentioned quite a bit.  there was also a suggestion made independently by two separate players that the Devanu should have a boomerang.  Wink

* there were several mentions that people liked the size of the game as it was innately small but could be scaled up without any drawbacks outside of just playing time.

* as for the models themselves, there was an almost even split as to who preferred which faction. I had brought the rulebook and the unit cards for people to see and though I hadn't brought any Delgon models as they are only primed at this point;  everyone liked the obvious variance between the factions  but  also the shared heritage.

and I'll leave the rest for later.   Cheesy

serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »

Interesting feedback GrimSnik.
Also exciting to hear how the game is likely to develop. I am particularly looking forward to the Casani and their mounts - the latter could be nice additions to the world.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 07:51:10 am »

Thanks for the feedback grimsnik  Smiley
I'm looking forward to doing the Casanii, particularly the beasts. I'm being restrained and rounding off the frenu a bit more with some additional trebarnii (which is now the official name for the protofubarnii).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: