The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:03:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight stamina counters  (Read 9427 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 05, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »

Stephen (guppug) has been getting some laser cut counters done and I'm wondering what you think of them! These are 15mm across (originals were 20mm, but I figured they should be smaller). Would you be interested? What do you think of the acrylic or wood options?
I'm trying to add the picture as an attachment so I hope it works!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

Is the idea that different colours represent different numbers, or do you have a little pile and remove one when you use stamina?
If it's the latter, the smaller the better and I would prefer the wood.
guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:01:27 pm »

II would have a little pile and remove one when you use as they have the faction logo on them  it but if you want  different colours to represent different numbers it is up to you.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:42:42 pm »

I am inclined to the wood as well. the acrylics look nice, but I like the options of just keeping the basic wood or doing simple washes and highlights so the colors of the acrylics would be wasted on me.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:11:30 pm »

I like the wood ones the most: easy to paint, more cost-effective.
20mm seems like a good size in my opinion.
I definitely would be interested to get some. They make a nice set with the dice.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 01:53:59 am »

I think they look great! I'd prefer wood as a concept, as they'd fit in with the feel of t eh game better, and indeed the existing templates, but then again the acrylics do look nice! ( that was helpful, wasn't it...)

As another point, our group currently use a small dice, placed on the units card over their stamina value to keep a track rather than having anything on the table, if the counters could be small enough to be placed in the same way without obscuring unit details, that would be great!

guppug
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »

Photo to show size of tokens with card and miniature

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »

That's great - they'll fit on the cards for easy reference nicely - perfect!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 11:43:14 am »

The wood ones definitely fit the feel of the game more.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:17 pm »

The size is just right guppug. Nice one!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:05 am »

I got the test counters today and I like how they've turned out!
How would you like to see them sold? How many would you like in a set?
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 12:17:24 pm »

Lucky man here too - received a set of counter tests here in guildford.
I'm so torn.
In principle, I'd always say the wooden ones fit the game style better, just like the wooden templates do.

However, given the choice of an actual purchase, I have to admit I'd probably buy the acrylics. They're really nice, and so much more distinctive between the races than the wood and also I feel would be easier to count on a glance than a Stack the wood ones. Maybe I could justify it by way of huh be fact that we keep our stamina on the cards rather than on here table so they're not actually a part of the athstetic.....

I'll see what the rest of the guildford gamers think tomorrow! National tabletop day - hoping to get a couple of new guys playing wot too.  Grin

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 08:54:26 am »

I got the test counters today and I like how they've turned out!
How would you like to see them sold? How many would you like in a set?
Could be cool if they were together with or in a similar tin as the dice.
But I think a set of dice and counters together might also be a great option.
You will need quite a few when playing with the Devanu for example.
I'd say a set of at least 10 counters.

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 01:56:11 pm »

I also like the idea of a dice and stamina counter set, but it might be more affordable (at least to me  Cheesy  ) to sell them in separate groups of specific faction counters and dice.  I also found when I made my little paper counters for the demo day that the Devanu needed a lot just for a basic force as one is likely to need between 10-13. but the Delgon sneak in for the win with the striders who have 6 stamina each..... fielding more than one can add up to a lot of counters.  18 counters per faction is what I made but that was only paper so I don't know how that cost translates to having these awesome quality counters produced. but I would likely purchase them anyway.   Grin   Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 07:43:53 am »

I've now ordered a small number sets for salute! To keep things simple I'm doing them as a set, with 10 of each counter and they'll cost about £6. I might be able to order some more varied sets after salute if anybody wants to field a large number of kalMalog!
I'm quite surprised to say that I do prefer the acrylic counters to the MDF, but I'm hoping there might be some plywood ones as well.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: