The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:39:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dhogu and Delgon Buildings WIP  (Read 5021 times)
Sepulchrave
Jenta

« on: May 14, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

So I mentioned building some terrain a bit back and here they are in a Alpha

First up is the Delgon tower made from some packaging,

The plaster pieces are Hirst mold mouldings, the black bits are push mould windows. The door is scribed plasticard.
The conical roof is a card cone with plasteron.

The cube on the SW corner is intended as a chimney. I'm not sure the crenallations on the back tower work, what do you guys think?

Next up is the Dhogu round house initially I was thinking of making a yurt type thing but was not having any luck modelling that so went for a
'stone' construction.

The roof is intended to be a turf.

The base for this model was the middle of a masking tape, a shallow card cone and HD foam and Das for the exterior.

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 04:58:05 pm »

Ooh, I really like the round hut!

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »

That looks fantastic. the round hut fits in well with the engineer's cottage and the type of simple buildings we have seen before for World of Twilight.
I,m not sure about the tower yet, the construction looks a bit cluttered.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Sepulchrave
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

That looks fantastic. the round hut fits in well with the engineer's cottage and the type of simple buildings we have seen before for World of Twilight.
I,m not sure about the tower yet, the construction looks a bit cluttered.

I agree with your tower comment, I'm not sure how to progress with it. The hirst blocks are to try and break up the surface, but not really gelling it may be because of the colour, but not sure. I might just need to make more windows but my mould didn't last Sad
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:44:50 pm »

It may sound a bit extreme, but I think if you remove the two left towers and make them into something like a courtyard, you would end up with a visually more appealing construction.
Adding windows would break the monotonous round tower just perfect.
Halcyon had a great idea for windows in one of his posts. Perhaps something you can try as well:
http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1875.15

As for a yurt, you might try something like this:
http://www.terrainwench.com/2/post/2014/10/ogre-hut.html
http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1567-ogre-hut-with-removable-roof
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:56:51 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:29:57 am »

Thanks for sharing!
The little hut looks great - I like the idea of the turf roof.

The Delgon building wouldn't be one of their newer structures (large consistent styled buildings), but might be an older building or more on the outskirts. Or you could do it as an occupied building from the recent expansion (Northern empire architecture, but with delgon trappings).
One thing I would suggest is giving the conical roof more of an overhang, even if just by sticking some large tiles around the edge of what you've done already.

The two towers at the front left look like they should be quite symmetrical - possibly with the same chimney stack on both? Or make them more distinctively different, possibly chopping the middle one down a bit?

Crenelations possibly look a little out of place at the moment, but I think they'll look fine once painted!

Great work! Can't wait to see how they progress  Smiley
Sepulchrave
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »

Finished the hut. Still struggling with the Delgon tower Sad

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 07:09:43 am »

This will look great on the battlefield!
The turf roof complements the grey stones well!

GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 12:19:03 pm »

nice work on the hut.   Smiley

Finished the hut. Still struggling with the Delgon tower Sad

hhmmmm.... for the Delgon structure, I kind of like the 3 front spires. maybe convert it into a factory or workshop?? use all 3 of the spires as furnaces as the Delgon are into mass production. toss in some supply crates/barrels, maybe some industrial odds and ends,  and a windmill or other  'power system'.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: