The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:53:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New sculpt - Big beastie!  (Read 23396 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:32 am »

Over the last couple of weeks I've been working on a new big beastie as a bit of a random project. He's a big fella (about 15cm head to tail) but hopefully I'll manage to get him cast in resin. In the meantime I thought I would share some quick WIP images!
What do you think? Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:27:46 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:09 am »

This is a superb sculpt, not sure how it would work in game (or for whom, probably the Kedashi).  Of course the could be part of a scenario objective, perhaps being herded along in a trade caravan destined for some rich Fubarnii in a city.  Actually as there is a giraffe feel to it perhaps they could be some part of the Casanii as I always got an African feel from them (well him)?

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

I think he's more of a plains type creature than from the deep forests, so more likely to be used by the Casanii or traders. First off, he'll just be cast as a stand alone creature (as I did with the belan), but he will get some stuff stuck on him eventually!
What do you think of the head and face (particularly the snout)?
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:26:05 pm »

this is  a really cool addition to the line.   Smiley

in the second picture, the head reminds me of a rooster or turkey and his left foreleg looks bent at an odd angle. the third picture reminds me of a pheasant in it's pose and shape while the head looks like a dove or pigeon.  I really like the first picture especially the head. I might be inclined to exaggerate some of the features like the crest or the brow a tiny bit more and extend and delineate the line of the skull as it connects to the neck.

AND THEN you could have Casanii in harnesses on the neck so when they go raging into battle the beast could swing over the opponent's Belan  and board it to try to hijack the goods while travelling on the Fury Road. uurrmm well maybe I've got a little to much Mad Max on the brain right now....    Grin  Grin

Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

The Jurassic World effect ?  Grin
I'm totally convinced by the sculpt, it makes me want to add it to my collection ! I'm lovin' it Smiley

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »

A mash-up between fury road and Jurassic world set on Anyaral! What could possibly go wrong?
I need to start giving the Casanii some more brutal weapons and outfits...
Ta for the feedback grimsnik. I'll see what I can do about the left leg as it is a little bit off from that angle - I'm working with beesputty though so it's not too easy to tweak the pose! I'll keep on working on the head. I've been told the mouth looks a bit like a sock puppet... Do you think I need to worry about that?
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »

I think as it's a WIP it's just a matter of symmetry. I do quite like the head as it's shown in the first picture (the right side of the beast), but the opposite side doesn't appear to be fleshed out as much yet..... so I can kinda see the sock puppet on the beast's left side of the face, but not on it's right side which has a stronger jaw line and sharper/steeper (less round) down angle from the brow/forehead to the tip of snout.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »

Great sculpt! I would like a more beak-like snout though, as I think it is too narrow right now.
He really has a dinosaur feel to him and I can easily see him eating from these high top trees in the plains.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:20:47 pm »

Hehe, I like it and I would buy it Wink

Release it on the 10th of June Tongue
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 03:58:01 pm »

Why the 10th?

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 05:11:03 pm »

I'm guessing Jurassic world is coming out on the 10th? I'm hoping it might be good, but I'm expecting to be disappointed!
This sculpt was more inspired by reading dinotopia to Lexie a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it's big enough for a full howda on it's back though!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:16 am »

I like it! It's the fleshing out of the world with creatures like this that draws me deeper into the world of Twilight.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 07:46:42 am »

Looks cool, I definitely get a giraffe vibe off her.

I think the snout either needs to be shorter and more beak like or a bit longer to make it prehensile so it can strip leaves from the branches, like a giraffes tongue does.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 08:29:43 am »

Thanks for all the feedback, it's Ben really useful. I've tweaked the head now so it's almost finished. I've gone with lengthening the about a little bit further to look more prehensile.
I'll try to take some proper photos once a it's been fired, as well as some that will give a better sense of scale.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »

I'm guessing Jurassic world is coming out on the 10th? I'm hoping it might be good, but I'm expecting to be disappointed!
This sculpt was more inspired by reading dinotopia to Lexie a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it's big enough for a full howda on it's back though!

Jurassic World is probably more of the same, the previous two already weren't so different from the first.
I like Dinotopia though! Are we going to see more animals like this? It would make a nice diorama: animals on the plains, stalked by some Devanu or Casannii.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: