The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:23:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playtesting - Dehran  (Read 6005 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:27 pm »

Dehran finally made his appearance during the kickstarter and I included rules for him in the 6th issue of the Twilight Traveller.
However, we've been having some more games and Paul has been helping me out with having a bit of a rethink! I wanted to give Dehran a very different personality to Roban and this is reflected with his Impetuous ability (he always activates for free when your first initiative counter is drawn, whether you like it or not) and his cadre of loyal Dhogu bodyguards. He is however even more of a liability than Roban, headlessly leaping into trouble and trying to get himself killed, but not really being proficient enough with those fancy axes to fend off his opponents blows... This feels characterful though, so I've tweaked him a bit further and dramatically dropped his points. I've also given his bodyguards a bit of a tweak
You could easily field Dehran as part of either a Delgon or a Dhogu force.

Dehran (Dehran - Enarii - Unique) 120pts
M:10 C:5 S:0 T:3+ St:5 Cmd: 12"
 Assassinate [A](*) - Dehran may use this ability for free once per turn
 Combat Trained (2)[C]
 Powerful [C]
 V tough [T]*
 Impetuous [T] - This model always activates for free when your first Initiative counter is drawn each turn
 Unstoppable [T]
 Critical [T]

Dhogu personal guard (Dhogu - Troops) 20pts
M:6 C:2 S:2 T:5+ St:0 Cmd: 6"
 Loyalty (Dehran)[T]
 Combat trained (1)[C]
 Sprint (4)[A]*
 Retinue (Dehran)[T]: this model starts with one stamina if deployed within 3" of Dehran. While within 3" of Dehran this model gains 1 stamina during the end phase.
 Ranger [T]

Now I could really do with your help! I would love to hear what you make of the new rules, particularly if you have a chance to try him out. You can easily proxy him if you haven't picked up the model and there will of course be Twilight points up for grabs for anybody who does some useful playtesting!
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »

120 points ! Shocked
Wow, it's a big sale ^^
Lookin' forward to test him.
He has no [L] ability ?

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 04:49:25 pm »

120 points ! Shocked
Wow, it's a big sale ^^
He has no [L] ability ?
He tends to forget about the little guys once the battle begins...
He's a difficult character to balance - he will be very effective in combat, but without many combat skills he's likely to be relying on Very Tough a lot. Whether or not he survives won't impact whether you flee (he's not an elite), but if he dies then the best you can hope for is a draw, regardless of any other objectives.
At 120pts he becomes an option in smaller games, but he's a risky addition.
Looking forward to hearing what you make of him!
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:24:37 pm »

The new rules sound interesting, hope I get to try them soon. Also he needs paint first, haven't played unpainted Twilight yet and I'm trying not to do at all!
Now just release the personal guard Wink
Magic Dave
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »

What size base is he on?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »

What size base is he on?
He's a large model (50mm base), so the same size as Roban.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

So... has anybody had chance to try Dehran out yet?
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »

So... has anybody had chance to try Dehran out yet?

Too busy building terrain... Wink
I hope to get some demo games going soon in Salzburg, but I doubt I can field him in a demo game. Hopefully I find someone for regular games.
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 12:47:34 pm »

120 points ! Shocked
Wow, it's a big sale ^^
He has no [L] ability ?
He tends to forget about the little guys once the battle begins...

Hi  Mike,

is it true that Dehran can't activate his adjacent bodyguards? When Dehran is activated that doesn't mean his adjacent bodyguards are automatically also activated?
Is this really intended that way?

Have I overlooked something?  Huh

Request for clarification please.  Smiley

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:03:17 pm by Gordon » Logged

Ingenting undgår mig. Ingen undgår mig.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 05:00:14 pm »

Hi  Mike,

is it true that Dehran can't activate his adjacent bodyguards? When Dehran is activated that doesn't mean his adjacent bodyguards are automatically also activated?
Is this really intended that way?

Have I overlooked something?  Huh

Request for clarification please.  Smiley

The bodyguards have Loyalty, so they can activate for free with Dehran as long as they are within his command range (12"). He may not be paying attention to them, but they definitely pay attention to what he's doing!
Out of interest, do you have an iPhone/ipad? And have you seen the app that Fred has created?
Gordon
Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 08:34:15 pm »

Loyalty of course. How could I've overlooked that? Good that they are with their master. For a moment I was worried about them.
I'm curious about the Enarii in game. 
All right thanks.

I don't own a iPhone/ipad. If this app is limited to those than I guess I'm outa luck here. No problem. Thanks for mentioning.

Ingenting undgår mig. Ingen undgår mig.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 09:35:02 am »

The enarii are big and powerful, but slightly flawed. Roban is (almost) unkillable, but ties up a lot of points. Dehran is rash and inevitably charges to the front, confusing tactics! The main problem is the embarrassment when you manage to get them bogged down and killed...

The app is great, but Fred has also generated reference documents containing most of the information. I'll ask him how it would be easiest to share them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: