The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 08:55:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kalmalog question  (Read 3476 times)
Pippa
Apprentice

« on: June 12, 2015, 12:49:17 pm »

Hi,
Played with some KalMalog for first time last night and was wondering why there is very little difference between the veteran and normal guy. (only one ability difference, I haven't got card in front of me and can't remember what it was called!) I wondered what peoples thoughts were on this and if it's worth paying the extra 25 points for the veteran.
Cheers
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 04:17:48 pm »

I think the 25 more are solid, you can cast up to two more CS and can do that at any point in a combat, not before actually casting stones.

cheers
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:15:49 pm »

With the limited fuel/stamina of the kal malog, the ability to decide whether to cast additional stones once you've seen the initial outcome, rather than before, is quite an upgrade. Combined with the additional point of fuel limit, they are certainly a more powerful unit - we normally use one!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:20:45 am »

The guys have already summed up the reason for the points difference - being able to cast additional stones later saves you wasting stamina, which helps a lot!
From a design perspective, I went through a lot of different ideas. With cadre, the kalMalog don't really need a traditional captain (the priests would also not approve of something so blatant!) and i didn't just want to add a bunch more abilities or undermine the original concept behind them. The eventual design reflects that the veterans have gained experience and know how to manage their limited fuel resources. They've also tweaked their engines so they can get an extra burst of stamina when needed...

How did you find the kalMalog in your game?
Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 12:20:55 pm »

Thanks Guys that's really helpful.
I've only played one game so far with them and only had two on the table. Both got targeted by the evil Devanu and died before I really got a chance to see how they work so not a fair test!
I need to play again with more of them. Payback time for the Devanu I think!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »

Both got targeted by the evil Devanu...
That sounds like Delgon propaganda to me! The Devanu aren't evil, just merciless and efficient hunters...
Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »

Both got targeted by the evil Devanu...
That sounds like Delgon propaganda to me! The Devanu aren't evil, just merciless and efficient hunters...
Ha! It's all a matter of perspective!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: