The World Of Twilight
April 26, 2024, 02:14:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Swindon  (Read 2922 times)
Caliginosity
Jenta

« on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:08 am »

Hi,

I would like to say Hi to all the fans of this amazing little world that I have recently discovered.  Grin

I can see that this 'little' world is steadily growing and has great potential, and I hope to become a good part of this friendly community.

I am looking to start small with this world, but soon hope to get a lot more of the minis.

Caliginosity

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:37:48 am »

Welcome!
Have a look around - it's worth checking out the Ramblings if you want to find out a bit more about the background.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:39:23 am »

welcome.  Smiley

Twilight has a nice scalable quality so that it works well at small levels and larger ones. I went the same way and started small and have been expanding. it's a nice range to paint.   Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 04:52:20 pm »

Welcome!
Nothing but friendly people here Wink

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Caliginosity
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:43:21 am »

Greetings All,

I am learning that this is a friendly group, and now that I have my initial purchase (Only a small one of Gill and the Book), I think that this world is a great one, and my mind is in overdrive with possibilities, and of course figuring out the next purchase!  Grin

I have been in and out of the gaming worlds for years now (more than I care to count), and have seen companies grow and fall.

I was looking at the current 'Fantasy' worlds out there, and the Tolkien style (I still am a massive fan of the books), appears to have become the norm, and that is all people are expecting from a fantasy setting. Embarrassed Goblins battle Elves, Orcs battle Humans.  Once in a while a new race is added, but they all seem to share those common elements.

And this is what caught my attention with Twilight, it does not use any of these common normal 'Fantasy' stereotypes. It is a truly 'Fantasy' world with history, originality and possibility.

I look forward to painting up the miniatures, and building scenery to help bring the games to life, and then there is the playing of the game. 

Caliginosity

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: