The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:45:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sculpt suggestions  (Read 18011 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: July 10, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »

What would you like to see added to the Twilight range?
A recent comment about the need for an alternate grishak jenta has got me wondering if there are other things you would like to see sculpted that I might have forgotten about... Feel free to use this thread to encourage/cajole/bully me into sculpting things. You can suggest anything you like, either things I've commented on previously or completely new stuff.
I'll probably ignore your suggestions, but I will at least read them first and they might just inspire me Wink

The list:
- Mounted Herder Reyad
- Empire Commander on Enuk
- Nobleguard with crossbows
- Nobleguard heavy cavalry
- Engu shipwright
- trader/elder rider for the belan
- derak on yirnak
- yirnak rider captain (possibly just sculpt a new warlord and demote the current one!)
- single piece dhogu!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:42:30 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:14 am »

One thing that always intrigued my, though I'm guessing you'd need to do a new book volume to do it justice, is the boat that set sail heading to the east and was never seen again.  Where are they now, how have they developed/evolved and what creatures have they encountered.  I know this is vague and not an actual specific sculpt but there must be lots ideas running around in you head about this?

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:18:02 pm »

Ooh, now there's something I want to visit properly at some point!

One of the city ships crashed and formed Majorn anis. The fate of the other is less certain... I have a good idea what I would like to do with them, but telling the story of a completely new country will be a big undertaking! At some point there will be hints (as happened with the frenu/kedashi) and maybe in five or ten years time I'll get around to telling more of that story...

(It probably won't involve a man o war scale ship game centred around the floating city itself, although that is something I considered for a while and would have been a lot of fun to do!)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:07:39 am »

That would make a cool game, a whole different scale.
With airbaloons and sea-monsters Smiley.

The world of Anyaral sure has a lot of growth potential and I wait patiently to see what the future holds.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 12:20:22 pm »

I love the idea of a ship game though given the Fubarnii fear of the water I imagine any such engagements wouldn't be massive.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 12:27:14 pm »

I doubt that the ship idea will ever actually happen, but maybe some day... I have a fairly good vision for the Empire ships, but I never worked out a decent set of antagonists!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 06:10:04 pm »

From the known races, only the Fubarnii seem to be able to build ships or have intentions to travel across water. So you would be rather limited.
Unless you release something new, but this would have a serious impact on the world as a whole.
Could be there are some swimming/seafaring garkrid though.
I can easily imagine a large cockroach/lobster like creatures with only it's back above the water.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 06:20:12 pm »

I suppose you might get a certain degree of piracy. Plus, those clans along the coasts might be a bit more 'competitive' given that they far less likely to be operating under the eyes of the Emperor.

Fibrin save the droba? Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »

Other things I've been thinking I should do...
- Mounted Herder Reyad
- Empire Commander
- Nobleguard with crossbows
- Nobleguard heavy cavalry
What do you think?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »

All good ideas sir Smiley

How about an Engu engineer? Or at least their version...a sort of shaman maybe?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 10:54:29 am »

An Engu shipbuilder?
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 05:37:10 pm »

Ooo nice Cheesy:D:D
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:41 am »

An Engu shipbuilder?

Ouh, that sounds like a nice sculpt!
He will probably be another civilian

I like the shaman idea, but perhaps they have a better place among the more savage Dhogu.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 08:33:58 am »

The Engu are bigger than the other Fubarnii so he won't presumably be another civilian.

I could imagine a ship builder would be a dual character in the eyes of the community...on the one had they are kinda the gate keepers to food and prosperity (no ship builder, no whale meat and so no food) but at the same time its not going to be uncommon for whale hunters to drown. I think they would be respected but feared at the same time.
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »

Hello all.
Sorry for not posting on the Forum recently. Had a major Waterloo project since Salute for the 200th anniversary.
Does not look like I'll get a terrain piece finished. Well done to those who are working on theirs.

This seems an interesting thread.

My thoughts ...

Engu - need some more variety eg Boat-builder as mentioned. Then I got thinking about maritime communities - tatooists, prostitutes, etc not sure how these would fit into Anyaral though!
Nobleguard also need variety - cavalry, chariots?
Devanu characters, possibly fubarnii captives?
Delgon civilians
Dhogu priest of some sort. Also could the Delgon have given them a gun of some sort that they could mount?

Just some initial ideas.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: