The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:07:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nomad's Scenery - Anyaral Relics  (Read 3190 times)
Kadmon
Apprentice

« on: August 16, 2015, 02:34:26 am »

Nomad started to make Anyaral relics. He found this picture inspiring:

So he'll base some of the scenery on these carved rocks. Also, he'd like to include things like this:

As a base for the giant heads he took some of these from my collection to use as gods or ancient heroes.

As someone said, the flat faces do not fit Devanu concepts, so he carved up a giant head from polystyrene. (It's based on the head of fubarnii trader Michael kindly donated for the project)
The relics themselves are also polystyrene. They were originally painted beige but Comoran recommended to use wilder colours - dark green as a base with a heavy golden drybrush. That way it won't be mistaken for normal rocks.

As you can see from the photo, they really aren't mistaken for normal rocks, but the details are hard to make out on the giant head, so some highlighting will be in order for them Smiley
Also, the carvings look a little strange, so some work should be done on those too.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:27:00 pm »

those are very flavorful. they stand apart from what a lot of others have done and make a nice assortment of scatter terrain.
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 04:52:14 pm »

After repainting everything here are the final pieces

And here they are together with Comoran's Devanu tower:

The contest entry can be found here: http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1980.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: