The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:31:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Anyaral  (Read 4295 times)
Caliginosity
Jenta

« on: July 29, 2015, 06:31:59 am »

Hi, 

Sorry if this has previously been asked (I have looked but have not seen details).  With regards to the old Devanu towers that covered the landscapes in the dark days of Anyaral, did they share a similar design to to current Fubarnii towers?

Were they basically the same cylindrical towers (as they were made by the same work force and designers being forced, or was there a different style?

Caliginosity

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:52 pm »

They look very different and much more organic. They have raised platforms that the Devanu can survey their lands from, but only limited shelter. The Fubarnii slaves lived in small tunnels within the towers while the Devanu would just climb up the exterior.
I'm sure there's a picture on the forum somewhere, but I'm struggling to find it. There is a little sketch in the book though. It's on p45 at the start of the Devanu section.
It would be a fun piece of scenery to build!
Caliginosity
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:32:17 am »

Thank you for that, and wouldn't it be typical.  Tongue

I was on page 40 of the book, and if I had read a little further I would have seen the sketch myself.

Interesting to know and see, and as mentioned it would be interesting.

Caliginosity

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:03:35 pm »

uhhhh, damn, that reminds me of a certain project....
Caliginosity
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 11:27:51 am »

I know that feeling, I have not long discovered this world, and I want to make something to be part of the scenery comp.

Better get think quickly  Huh

Caliginosity

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 11:36:01 am »

There's still a little time to enter the scenery contest! If you show some wip shots by next weekend I might send out some more fun bits to help with projects  Smiley
Caliginosity
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:32:01 am »

Well, will started with the base work on the scenery materials last night, will look at getting some pictures tonight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: