The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 05:24:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mar'thon's Scenery - Village  (Read 3028 times)
Kadmon
Apprentice

« on: August 16, 2015, 02:14:25 am »

I've written about Mar'thon's village project in my market topic, but as he continues his work I thought I'd open its own topic for him.
This was the first shot of his work:

Now he made some more buildings.
The buildings themselves are toilet paper rolls. The bigger building is the box of a creme.
The doors on some of the buildings come from my collection of bits.
Where there are just door frames, those are made from skewer sticks. The curtains were made from those parts of the building that were cut to make room for the doors.

What was interesting to me is that Mar'thon reinvented pigments Smiley While he was working on paining the buildings he got the idea of gluing curcuma (turmeric) on the buildings to create some shapes. That sun symbol on the building in the back is made from curcuma, and also the wave-like pattern on the one that's closest to the camera.

I include a shot of the whole scenery with the village buildings.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »

looking good so far. I like that group picture that shows all of the individual efforts combined into one larger settlement.  very cool.   Smiley
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:28:24 pm »

Good start, it shows how you can make something amazing with very sipmle materials.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:16:38 pm »

As Mar'thon had to go on a summer vacation he could not finish his huts. Maybe for the next competition Smiley
Also, he told me that the "pigment" he used is red pepper instead of curcuma, but he also planned to use curcuma, and maybe he'll raid his mother's kitchen for other paint materials.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: