The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 11:05:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about miniatures  (Read 6112 times)
Kadmon
Apprentice

« on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »

I've started a review of Twilight miniatures and I'd have some questions.
I got a collection of Twilight sprues and props and I'd like to know which miniature do they belong to? (As seen on attached photo)
Who is the sculptor of the miniatures? If there are several sculptors I'm specifically interested in Fubarnii Trader, Youngsters, Civilians and the Critters set.
What material is they are made of?
What is the intended scale? I'd say 1:48 but I'm not sure.
Which company produces the miniatures? I've read somewhere that the original company was closed.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:43:02 am »

There have been six people who've sculpted for Twilight:
Mike Thorp (me) - I've sculpted the majority of the range (including the trader, elder civilian, critters and youngsters)
Mark Craggs - he sculpted the fubarnii slingers, herder reyad, light cavalry, noble, nobleguard, some of the civilians (farmers, painter, mason) the skerrats and the graku. He also sculpted lots of little accessories which don't belong with specific models (so pretty much everything in that photo) and the basic frenu. I think that's everything, but I expect I've missed something!
Andrew May - the larger Engu and the tahela
Then there are a couple of other sculptors who've done individual figures like the alpha outcast (Aaron brown), Engu sempa (Mart Baker) and the delgon gunner (John Bryan). Finally, Chris Parry did a lot of the initial work on the grakukan, which I then finished off.

I think that covers everything!
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:34 am »

The scale is roughly the same as standard 28mm ranges (a human would be approx 28mm tall).
The models were originally sold by Hasslefree until I took over production myself. Pyre Studios sold the range for a while, but closed up shop due to health issues so it reverted back to me selling them directly.
The miniatures are primarily cast in white metal (a generic term for a lead-free alloy commonly used for miniatures) although there are some resin models now.
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:41:28 am »

Thank you for the information, I'll link the articles when I'm ready Smiley
One more thing - which one of those belong to the civilian set? I suppose the one that stands left of the mini belongs there but are there any more accessories? It's not very clear in your catalogue, nor in the webshop.
I love the accessories included and I'd like to make an article about them so people could see what could they get even if they are not particularly interested in Twilight.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:03:41 pm »

The accessories aren't really included anywhere formally... I should make some sets to sell, but at the moment they are just given away as random freebies with orders.
If anybody would like some then they can always ask...
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:13:08 pm »

I've browsed through the new store and have some questions, so these could be clarified in the store:
1) Do the miniatures come with a base? If they do, what size? If they don't, you should state that.
2) Does the mounted trader come with a mount? If not, what mount would you recommend with it?
3) The Empire Caravan starter:
3A) What mount does the mounted trader have?
3B) What kind of "2 fubarnii jentas" do I get? The two different sculpts of youngsters from the Fubarnii Youngsters set? Or two random ones that could be two of the same sculpt?
3C) What is a Cassanii Bodyguard? Is it a Nobleguard?
4) Random critters - I suppose if I get a long-tailed pagefourus, I get 1 sprue - that's four models.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:50 pm »

1) bases are as shown in the pics - 30mm for small models, 40mm for medium, 50mm for large
2) mounted trader is on an Enuk (same trader, just converted to be mounted)
3a) Enuk (see above)
3b) there are two basic jenta that usually come in a set with a pet skerrat. I need to sort pictures for the starter forces! They will always be different models (one is a bit older with a spear, the younger one is holding a soft toy lizard)
3c) have a look in the empire section on the store - he's a slightly different race of fubarnii that is taller and carries a bow. There are some bits and pieces on the forum as well. The Casanii will be getting some more models soon!
4) possibly! You would probably just get one of the others though (unless you asked specifically) I'm currently doing 1 free critter for every £10 spent. In those cases I would probably just do a couple of pagefourus...
I will have to work my way through the store with more details at some point!
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 11:19:51 pm »

Out of interest, for future reference, is it possible to buy Engu Garosa individually? - it only seems to come in a set with Engu axes and harpoons.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »

I was trying to streamline the number of items in the range and just do 'captains' with their units, but I might just make him available anyway...
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 01:28:35 pm »

4) possibly! You would probably just get one of the others though (unless you asked specifically) I'm currently doing 1 free critter for every £10 spent. In those cases I would probably just do a couple of pagefourus...

Do many free critters o_O

oh, next terrain challenge: Critter petting zoo Wink
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »

Thank you for the quick answers!
Here is my first review article.

http://alkony.enerla.net/en/updates/nexus-updates/41-fubarnii-trader-from-twilight-miniatures-miniature-review

I'll write up an article for each Twilight mini I own. I intend to write battle reports too when I'll have the time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:49:13 am by Kadmon » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 09:23:46 am »

That's a good thorough review! Thanks for sharing. What's next on the list?
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 11:29:08 pm »

The youngsters and the mason. Then the critters, part of the "miniature creatures" series I intend to start with them.
I think more people should know about Twilight miniatures, as the characters could be also used for sci-fi or fantasy games beside the Anyaral setting, and the creatures can be used for practically any game.
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:11 am »

My article about the fubarnii kid:

http://alkony.enerla.net/en/updates/nexus-updates/24-miniature-review/42-fubarnii-youngster-1-from-twilight-miniatures-miniature-review
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: