The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 10:24:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Landscapes of Anyaral 2015 - Results!  (Read 5299 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: September 03, 2015, 09:31:56 pm »

I think the Landscapes of Anyaral challenge was a great success! We’ve seen tables ranging from the depths of the Argoran Wastes, the coasts of Teral and even up to the Northern realms of the Delgon (and that was just from The Slann). The entries included a bustling Fubarnii Market, two Devanu towers, a spectacular residence for Gil and one of the most beautifully realised Empire buildings I have seen (almost completed…). Not to mention mushrooms, ruins, rock formations and coconut roofed towers which will all hopefully be used for many games of Twilight!

The People's Favourite - We’ve run a public vote for your favourite piece, which was convincingly won by Pippa for her fantastic treehouse for Gil (which also served as a fantastic centrepiece for one of our games at the Twilight Day). I love the details in this piece and can imagine Gil living in the most inhospitable of regions, but making sure that he has the necessary luxuries to hand. To be really picky I would say that the grandfather clock is a tad too human but it’s hard not to be forgiving when a scenery piece oozes so much charm.

I do feel there should be a few more little prizes to recognise how much work you have all put in!

The Traveller – Michael Rauscher (The Slann) got thoroughly carried away with at least three (possibly four) separate entries and a new board. My favourite of these are his snow-laden Dhogu tents. We had a few discussions on the forum how the tents should look and I think he’s realised them perfectly.
The Jenta Prize – Ben and Chris win the prize for the youngest entries having been inspired by Gill (their aunt). They’ve got a great collection of terrain and I expect they’ll be making more after joining us at the Twilight Day.
The Innovator – I have completely fallen in love with Kadmon's little market. It’s been years since Taelan drew his market scene and I have regularly looked at it and made plans to build it in miniature. Kadmon finally beat me to it in spectacular style, building lots of traders’ stands and enough goods to make a belan struggle. On top of that he managed to improvise most of the components without resorting to resin kits and he inspired his friends to build some other fun terrain.
The Overdue Artist – Letchai has taken the archetypal Central Empire architecture and spent his time to improve on every little detail I included in my details. From the neat exposed brickwork and floorslabs, to the cute little table and stools (complete with a delicious looking grub platter) it is hard to find fault. As far as I can tell there is actually only one fault with Letchai’s Fubarnii building, which is that the construction has overrun by at least a couple of weeks… (This prize can be collected once the building is finished!)

I’ve already given Ben and Chris their prize, but for the other three you can have 5 Twilight Points for your prize and I’ll see if I can find some more of the Pree Pree Painting Trophies, just remind me when you next place an order!
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 05:06:26 am »

congratulations to everyone.   Smiley   Smiley  great jobs all around. it was good motivation to get some work done and nice to see what other folks created. 
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:07:32 am »

Wohoo thx a lot! And congrats to the other winners!
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 11:09:17 am »

Cool ! Thanks Mike Smiley So much compliments !  Cheesy

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Kadmon
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 11:42:19 pm »

Thank you very much for the innovation prize Smiley This contest was really inspiring, without this I'm pretty sure I'd never have spent this much energy on making a market, but I'm proud that I could finish this!
Well, mostly finished, as the critters are still being painted. They are harder to paint then I'd imagined, and as I rushed it for the first time, I've had to spend some hours to repair the black wash that was too dark for the colours I've imagined.
I'll make some more photos with the critters inhabiting the streets as soon as I can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: