The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 02:35:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Casanii and the Peloaan  (Read 2567 times)
M4ttyMatt
Jenta

« on: April 17, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »

thinking about the Casanii and their belief structure.  The Peloaan - are they spirits of deceased casanii? or are they more like immortal god-like Spirits?

If they're more like an immortal spirit, what do they believe happens to the souls of deceased Casanii? Is there any form of afterlife? or do Casanii "come back" as something else? Do individual tribes have their own ideas for what happens to casanii souls?

Sorry if these questions seem unimportant, but I've had an idea, but want to know whether it would work or not xD

Thanks =)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:45:02 pm »

Very good questions! I'll have to answer when I've got more time... feel free to speculate and/or nag me Smiley
M4ttyMatt
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:10:55 pm »

okay, i did have an idea, maybe it could work, or at least, be an interpretation that some tribes have?

Once the Casanii dies, it's soul goes into the body of a freshly born animal, like an abrok or a deku, or even the mighty dompaku.  The size of the beast is determined by how many animal lives a soul has lived, so or example a deku has only lived one or 2 beast lives, but a dompaku or an Onsegar has lived countless.  This is the reason that the Casanii guard and protect the great migrations - they are guarding and protecting the souls of their ancestors.

let me know what you think, and whether it could work.  It's just an idea i had today, and wanted to run it by someone with a better understanding of the world!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:36:04 am »

It's a bit like Buddhism this way, only the reincarnation part  isn't determined by how one lives but by the number of times one has actually reincarnated.

There seems to be only one flaw, if the strength/size of an animal is important for the number of times a soul has reincarnated, why protect the herds at all?
Wouldn't it be best if one's ancestor in an animal got killed as soon as possible if it means coming back as a stronger animal? They could easily focus on protecting a few animal species, knowing their ancestor souls end up there eventually anyway.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: