The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:57:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knight of Dimor  (Read 5138 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: December 30, 2015, 11:18:56 am »

For Christmas this year I decided to do my parents a little souvenir of my little world...
I pestered Joe to paint me a knight, then put it in a box frame with a print of the Chronicles of Anyaral artwork behind it. I think it turned out well in the end, even I was still assembling it an hour or so before they arrived! What do you think?
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:52:37 am »

that looks fantastic. the framed print really pops and the added knight gives the whole display a vibrant living quality. very cool.

p.s. I received my order this past Monday and everything looks great. thanks for the Preepree.  Smiley   Wink   Cheesy
Letchaï
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:16:49 pm »

Great idea and realisation, but the words "knight of Dimor" should be less cheap.

Make me want to do one for my own !

Fans français de WoT: si vous voulez une version traduite des règles, envoyez-moi un MP Wink
My FB page (twilight and many else): https://www.facebook.com/Les12TravauxDesFigs
Dhogu Warlord
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:30:22 pm »

That is stunning work! That's a terrific idea! Now your parents can see it in 3D without those ridiculous glasses! And man, what a paint job on that knight!

"A storm is coming, but we shall remain!"
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:44:54 pm »

Thanks for the comments!
Joe did a fantastic paintjobs. It looks great from the other side as well, which was an utter waste of time  Wink
@ grimsnik - glad it arrived okay. I figured it would be a good home for a preepree  Grin
@letchai - my writing looks cheap?  Sad. It is possible I was rushing a bit by that stage! I would love to see one of your pieces in a similar style. The raised platform certainly reminds me of the display base on your old knight!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »

What a beautiful piece of art! This would look great in my living room :-D (my wife would kill me though).

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:37:48 am »

Something like this would look great in my painting room!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: