The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 07:09:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Traveller 7 - now available!  (Read 13564 times)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 03:40:33 pm »

Sounds pretty cool...and not just cos I like to help with the writing Wink
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 06:49:26 pm »

I think the digital copy should still be free, it is nice to know that if we buy new miniatures we don't also have to buy the rules to use them, plus it is a good way to advertise the game.

Before deciding to plunge into the Kickstarter, I had enjoyed reading through the free background information and rules.

Also, I would never have bought my Kedashi Swarm, if a free copy of Twilight 6 hadn't been included with the order I placed after Salute. i.e. the free rules and glorious pictures, piqued my interest enough to buy them.

I would probably be more inclined to buy a printed copy, if I had first seen a digital copy and knew that there was something of interest in it for me... and/or if there was a special/exclusive miniature with it.

(I also don't think the subscription idea would work.)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 09:11:10 pm »

^^^ what halcyon said  Grin

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 11:10:28 pm »

Yeah, I have to agree with that. I only got into the game, because I could read a lot beforehand. I still bought the printed versions, but for a newcomer, it's good to have at least the rules for free.

In the end, every real player and hobbyist will buy it anyway. Smiley

I just love printed stuff, okay Cheesy

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:21 am »

I agree as well, though I fell in love with the miniatures before reading the rules :-).
It would be cool to have a print on demand, but I don't kniw if the logistics are ready for this.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 03:59:30 pm »

I would love to see a "deluxe" traveller that maybe contained a story and scenario involving a new special character (ie a Delgon Bodyguard, an outcast noble, a knight whose entire order order is killed.....) with a printed copy and the miniature.
This could be a cool little "collectable" package done quarterly.....possibly even a subscription?

Maybe even renamed "Twilight Chronicles" ?

I think there should definitely remain a free version of the traveller....possibly not including rules and scenarios for the special minis (extra incentive to buy)

darth tater
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 04:02:32 pm »

Are Dehran's rules pretty much final now?  120pts?

Also what do his guard look like?  Dhogu?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 10:36:22 pm »

Yup, I'm thinking we've got him sorted now  Smiley
Kickstarter backers of Dehran got special kaldreman with their pledge, but they've not made it into full production yet. You could either use dhogu or normal kaldreman and they would fit well.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 10:38:01 pm »

Also, I've sent a printed compilation to the printers. No free minis this time, but it pulls everything together from the last couple of travellers so you can have rules for all the new units in one place (excluding the very latest releases... they still need playtesting!).
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 04:13:54 am »

I think thats a fantastic idea too! (The mini and Traveller combo) Along the lines of the shipbuilder and the story of the city of Tonueil, i have been giving considerable thought to boats. I have been going over the drawings and there are a lot of great concepts and inspiration in them.
Basically  have found at the skirmish level 8-12 inches (20-30cm) is about right. For playability a 4-6 inch beam allows for some deck furniture and still can accommodate a number of figures. From a nautical standpoint these boats would bear more resemblance to, forgive the piratical slurr, a "Dutchman's barge". So at 2/1 or 3/1 they would be very slow.
I'd like to do up a side wheel steamer first. I'm thinking of leaving the paddle wheels open to convey a primative look. Naturally it would be a waterline model and I'd like do design so that it could be cast in resin without requiring too much material.
There-after maybe something for the other races and tribes.
I'd like these boats to be as unique as the the world they come from.

Maybe we should start a boats thread. I would be very interested in your ideas.

Just now I had an idea. Have a centrally located water wheel with a few slaves providing power like the chineese coolies used to do by using the paddles as treads. A slave master whipping them on to greater exertion.

What faction or tribe would use this method?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:15:59 am by Danu Kopa » Logged
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 06:57:56 am »

Sounds Delgon to me, using unbelievers as slaves.

Cool ideas, I want to have a go at build a boat too...once my paint queue is under control Cheesy
darth tater
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 09:18:52 am »

Yup, I'm thinking we've got him sorted now  Smiley
Kickstarter backers of Dehran got special kaldreman with their pledge, but they've not made it into full production yet. You could either use dhogu or normal kaldreman and they would fit well.

oooooooh intrigued by new kaldreman......I just have 2 of the original.....so need to grab more Smiley

Have I got this right then.........Dehran can be accompanied by upto 4 KalDreman (rare) bodyguards and you can also have a big mass of KalDreman as a retinue of troops?   Smiley

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:06 am »

Yup, and his specials really do add the killer punch to the big guy. With two support they make for a very nasty spear point to a force...... But you have to be pretty sure he'll survive or you loose all hope of gaining a win (take it from the guy who lost him in the big finale battle of the August Twilight day.......  Least popular man on the team! Embarrassed )

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 09:33:53 am »

Kaldreman are always rare, so you can't have massed forces of them I'm afraid! You can field Dehran with a bunch of dhogu though to give a fully themed force  Smiley
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »

I love Traveller #7. I finally had a chance to read it carefully. Is very inspiring. I've got a couple of projects that I want to work on now that I have some time off.

I love that the Travellers are free to download. They give me so many ideas and thats what I want need. They and the forum keep me hooked. By having the freedom to contribute it enables me to buy in to this very thematic world. Keep up the great work every one!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: