The World Of Twilight
April 24, 2024, 01:41:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mounted Casanii  (Read 12438 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 11:03:22 pm »

What colour are you going for with the mount?
Good question! My plan didn't extend that far so I'm not sure... yet...
I figure he's got a bit of a fin/aquatic thing going on at the back of his head so I'm thinking blue or green if that makes sense! I don't want him distracting from the rider so may keep the mount a bit plainer. I'll wait until some inspiration comes my way.

Will you be bringing anything with you to salute?
I am going to Salute. What are the WoT plans? Will definitely pop over to see you guys!

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 08:58:55 am »

Will you be bringing anything with you to salute?
I am going to Salute. What are the WoT plans? Will definitely pop over to see you guys!

There will be the usual trade stand (with mini intro table) and participation table game combo of previous years. Participation games will be varied, but should involve some Cassani, assuming I ever settle on a scheme and get some painting done ready for it in time!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 09:56:15 am »

Yup, as Paul said, we'll have the usual stand and introductory game so people can buy stuff and/or try out a quick scenario. We will also have the bigger demo game (that Paul has 'volunteered' to run). Last year's multi-player Garkrid Hunt was a lot of fun, so will probably make another appearance. All going well we also want to show off with a Casanii game at some point during the game (Casanii defending a stampeding herd against attacking devanu...), but that will be better suited to people who have played a fair amount already!

I'm also hoping to have a bunch of the new Casanii models there for kickstarter backers to pick up, but it is all going to be the usual last minute panic  Grin
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 09:39:09 am »

That turned out amazing! The white warpaint on dark skin reminds me a bit of the Orcnar from the Relics game, now I know where they got the inspiration ;-).

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 03:21:56 pm »

And it complete! Tried to use a bright mount to contrast with the fairly dark Casanii rider.  Now I've taken the photos I've noticed some little slips I've made with the paintbrush like the blob of blue on his spear and the end of his tail! I'll have to re-touch them later. Lovely model though, as always a joy to paint!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

Really nice job! Now we're all waiting for the KS to finish to get more to paint I think Wink
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 04:00:33 pm »

Lovely paintjob too, very pleasing to the eye.
A very nice composition of colours.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 05:07:11 pm »

Stunning job, it is absolutely marvellous.  Cool
Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 05:15:05 pm »

Oh those colours! <3
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »

Lovely job! I particularly the brown skin colour Smiley
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 01:33:10 am »

that looks great. so vibrant!! very nice contrasts and that blue is wonderful.  Smiley   Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:34 pm »

I always love the vibrant colours you use! He looks great Smiley
Now, where's Loranti?
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 11:50:24 pm »

Sorry, I'll get him posted up tomorrow...

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 11:53:43 pm »

Love the contrast in colours you used.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 04:14:10 pm »

Thanks for the great comments. This is my final painted miniature to show. I think I've now painted my entire collection so will be looking for some more bits when I'm at Salute next month.  I always paint these figures in-between batches of more boring WWII squads in their drab uniforms which is maybe why I always end up going over the top with the colours! I got some aboriginal inspiration for my Casanii Erillai rider but I thought I'd look at some Native Indian pictures for ideas on how to paint up Loranti. I've pasted in the finished results below, still getting to grips with my photography and I've noticed I've missed a few patches with the matt varnish an have some reflective areas of the mounts legs, but never mind. I hope you like him as an alternative to Joe's excellent schemes on the kickstarter pages.

I've also just started a blog/gallery page which I'm slowly uploading pics of my minis to. All the World of Twilight stuff is on there so please feel free to take a look:
http://www.warterrier.co.uk/

Crucium Giger - just looked at your blog, you have a v cool hobby space - beats my pokey little desk in the corner! Please do a full review of Dragon Rampant, heard good things about this and I'm thinking of investing...

Thanks!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: