The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 06:05:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Casanii On'Saa  (Read 5461 times)
Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« on: March 21, 2016, 07:51:52 am »

Gameplay:

Suggested Skill Inspirations:

Born Runner, a turn of double movement once per game.
Curved Talon Blades, poisonous; swift strikes.
Onsegar Mantle, Fear and Armor (blades turned by Onsegar heavy furs)

Intercept, It would be a suggestion that the On'Saa is a moving objective, aiming to depart the gameboard on a particular facing during the game, one side intent to stop him.

Breakout Scenario, wherein for a set number of turns, the On'Saa will fight with the defenders, then make his move to depart.

Ultimately, he is not a cowardly figure or fighter in the midst of battle; his mission is always more important and bonus victory should be awarded for allowing him to run onward to complete his mission thematically.

Body Text if image hard to read:

"The Casanii occupy vast territories, incurring distances between tribes that would have many baulk at such inhospitable tracts of land to maintain inter-tribe relations.

Resorting to Erillai or Hadera; beasts which need rest, food and are eaisly tracked by both predator and bandit, prove poor choices for messengers.

Enter the Casanii On’Saa, long distance runners noted among fellow Feral jenta for their guile, prowess in battle and most importantly, swiftness. Their time in the wilds teaching them secret paths, avoiding predators and overall, an ability to traverse remarkable distances swiftly.

To be called On’saa, the runner will hunt, then taunt a mighty Onsegar plainslord. Known for their unwavering ability in pursuit, the only chance a runner has is to outlast and turn about to slay the flagging beast.

The new On’Saa earns the right to wear the Onsegar’s mantle; which not only wards off potential ambush by reputation, but protects against cool desert nights and if need be, hot overday marathons. The weapons of the On’saa are the curved, unclean talons of the Onsegar. For only a cut is required to cripple any pursuer, for the On’saa seeks only to keep running, leaving behind injured foes to face the merciless plains alone.."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:57:07 am by Taelan » Logged

Evapilotone
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 08:57:31 am »

Wow, that's some presentation! I love the idea!  Grin
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:51:30 pm »

Love the runner concept and the sketch brings it to life wonderfully.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »

Both your drawing, presentation and writing are marvelous.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 09:55:41 pm »

Excellent drawing, a well thought through idea. Would make a great model too.

Taelan
Senior Apprentice

Frugin Flinger

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 02:12:37 am »

Thanks everyone  Cheesy

Mike involved in me the card/painting project awhile back, I've always kept the background art for other Fubarnii ideas like "Colours of Anyaral" topic I sketched for. Certainly helps presenting a concept!

I think the challenge with the On'Saa is his Mantle - that's a lot of fur, but certainly gives a sense of motion to him. I chose it as an extension of the of head piece grass detail already in use.

Look forward to other entries, creative community here Smiley

Pippa
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:43 pm »

Love this idea and that sketch is fantastic.
joek
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »

Always love to see your drawings Seb!

Wouldn't mind seeing you splash the paint on the things a bit more though Wink
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 12:32:19 pm »

Superb presentation and a get concept behind it too. I can see this working as both a model, and as a gaming piece, which is a tough balance!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:54 pm »

Any of you following the Kickstarter will know that this is the winning entry! Grin

Seb did a great job of presenting the concept, but the main thing I love about it is the inherent dynamism of the character. It captures the essence of the fast-moving Casanii, so it'll fit perfectly! I'm looking forwad to playing with rules for him as well...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: