The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:24:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maian Bellin  (Read 3604 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »

When the contest started, my first idea was the same as  Evapilotone's: Rafiki from the Lion King.
Though I kind of liked him as a martial artist at the end, so he wouldn't be a pacifist.
But with this idea already taken, I had to search for a new one  Smiley.
I remembered a conversation with Mike during the creation of the Herder Queen.
Mike asked where she would hail from, my reply was I wanted her to be tall.
As a response, Mike said she could be a Casanii, but she would be more like a Pocahontas type character if I would chose this background.
This is the perfect contest to bring this idea into life  Cheesy.

Maian Bellin

After Maian went through her change from Jenta to Sempa, the village chief and father decided to give her away to an ambassador to strengthen the bond between the tribe and the Empire.
At first Maian accepted her fate and went willingly, but when the wealthy ambassador went back to Gar Loren she felt so much out of place she rebelled.
In a city like Gar Loren, this kind of behavior was of course unacceptable and hard to bear for her captor and kopa. As it was impossible to visit the court with her. After many trials and tribulations, where Maian was even arrested by the guard on one occasion, they struck a deal.
She would behave and try to do as she was told and in return he would return her home when her returned to the Casanii lands.
While Maian was trying her best to blend in, an almost impossible task for the young Casanii sempa, disaster struck.
Due to some political maneuvering, her kopa was shoved asside and another ambassador was appointed.
After some years, Maian grew from a sempa into a kopa and was able to get enough support to become the new ambassador to the Casanii lands.
Despite the fact he looked forward to make it back home, once there he realised how estranged he was from the rest of the tribe.
He does his best once again to be part of the community, abandoning his duties, but for the moment he is stilled viewed as an outsider. Both in manners, clothing and the way he thinks.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:34:53 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:50 am »

Interesting idea, I like that he gets what he wants but it doesn't quite work out.

The pics not showing for me...I seem to be having trouble viewing pics on the forum at the mo, doh!
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »

Interesting idea, I like that he gets what he wants but it doesn't quite work out.

The pics not showing for me...I seem to be having trouble viewing pics on the forum at the mo, doh!
With my limited drawing skills you are not missing anything Wink.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »

I think this would make for another interesting sculpt - almost the reversal of Loranti, being a casanii with distinctive empire elements about them. It's certainly a well developed background concept, though it does lead me to wonder whether in game, anyone would be fighting to save the poor guy as it sounds like nobody wants him!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

I think this would make for another interesting sculpt - almost the reversal of Loranti, being a casanii with distinctive empire elements about them. It's certainly a well developed background concept, though it does lead me to wonder whether in game, anyone would be fighting to save the poor guy as it sounds like nobody wants him!
Smiley That's exactly what I was going for.
It isn't really meant as a competitive entry in this contest, but more like a reason to post this idea I had when Mike suggested Pocahontas during the creation of the Herder Queen.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »

Another good entry!
A 'civilised' casanii like Maian could be fun to sculpt at some point - a potential ally for both Empire and Casanii, but not really belonging to either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: