The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:04:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy from Colorado  (Read 3185 times)
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« on: April 02, 2016, 02:04:01 pm »

I am thrilled to be apart of Twilight! Having read your many posts as a visitor, it is clear that you are indeed a very friendly culture.

The world of Twilight captures my imagination like few other things have. The freedom and encouragement to contribute is so very ingratiating.

I found out about WoT while surfing the games section of Kickstarter!  So in addition to fundraising, in my case, it was also a successful marketing approach. I pledged "The Newcomer" package and boosted it to include the all the card sets, Lorenti Pargal and a few other Items.

By way of introduction, my name is Dan Brewer, 55, live in Colorado Springs. I work in printing.  I am an avid gamer; boardgames and table top miniatutes. I paint and build a fair amount of terrain. As a model shipbuilder I am keen to try my hand at some of the inspiring drawings of watercraft for Twilight.
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:28:02 pm »

welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your creations.   Smiley   Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 10:42:47 pm »

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with (particularly if you have a go at some boats...) Smiley
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 05:05:38 am »

A steamboat seems like a good place to start!

Honestly though I started something else today. It was an 'Innitiative Stone' despencer. I'm going for the primative look, making it from a dead Aspen Tree limb, a scrap piece of decking I tore out last summer and an ostrich paper mashe egg from Hobby Lobby. It works! , well sort of, sometimes it doesn't spit out a stone, other times it spits out two, and in random directions.   Embarrassed

I'm concidering enslaving a gerbal to run on a treadmill (you know the wheel contraption that goes round and round) to operate the mechanism through a set of home made gears and pegs. Perhaps I'll just hang a fake mouse from the wheel and motorize it. Naturally I'll hide the motor and batteries and put the switch in a discrete place.  Undecided

It will probably just sit on the workbench for a while perhaps indefinately.  Sad

Yea, a Twilight theamed steam launch seems much easier. The last one only took me a few hours.  Smiley
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:39:27 am »

Sounds like we have a true fubarnii engineer among our ranks - welcome aboard!

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:18:42 am »

Welcome! I look forward to see your ideas and creations for World of Twilight.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: