The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 11:58:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3849 times)
JohnDSD2
Jenta

« on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:35 am »

Hello to all my fellow Twilighters.

New to the game and new here too.
Joined the Kickstarter for the Casanii thanks to a tip off from the Lead adventurers Forum.
Can't believe this game has been out there and I haven't come across it before, anyway now waiting for my stuff to arrive and trying to clear the decks of other projects in readiness.
I'm located in Yorkshire just outside Bradford, I'm a member of the East Leeds Militaria Society, a friendly wargames club in Leeds (visit our Facebook Page if your interested).
I've been a keen wargamer since forever and will give anything a try.
Current projects which are in various states include Frostgrave, Saga (C&C), I have some Sea People to base for my 15mm Ancients (I also have Greeks, Persian and Macedonians as well as some Biblicals), I need to rebase my Dervishes for Colonial games and then there is the painting mountain which includes more Vikings, Eldar, some Necromunda Ratskins and 10mm  ECW. (I'd get it all done in a year if it wasn't for that pesky thing called work and family commitments!)

That's probably enough from me for now.
Happy gaming everyone, JD
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 08:40:49 am »

Hi John,

Sounds like you've got a good background in varied gaming. You'll find WoT to play quite differently to pretty much anything else out there in my experience, but so long as you don't try to make it too competative, I guarantee you'll have a blast!

Welcome to the forums!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 08:41:45 am »

Welcome to the forum! Make yourself at home.
Hopefully the game won't disappoint when it arrives  Smiley
Any chance you are coming down for Salute? My brother in law gets the train down from Leeds and it seems to work surprisingly well.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 09:21:08 am »

Welcome!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 09:43:40 am »

Welcome to the forums Smiley

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Danu Kopa
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 02:38:11 pm »

I know the feeling! I can't believe I didn't know about the game either! I'm new here myself. Good to have you onboard.

Cool - hit my 10th post (this one) and went from Hatchling to Jenta, Yea!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:41:32 pm by Danu Kopa » Logged
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »

welcome   Smiley
JohnDSD2
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 01:56:12 pm »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Lokking forward to playing something different, like I said.

Can't make Salute unfortunately.

No doubt I'll be pestering you all with questions/suggestions in the near future :>

JD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: