The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:07:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Casanii Painting!  (Read 6860 times)
benmoor
Apprentice

« on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »

Hooray! World of Twilight miniatures have reached the top of my painting queue again - they've only been in there for 6 months since the kickstarter so I guess that isn't too bad.

So, all set up ready to go - I've already got an Erillai rider which I painted up a while ago almost off shot in the picture. The plan is to paint up the Shaman and Scout in a similar style. The Onsegar I'd like to paint up with some bright gradiented colours and I'm not sure what the plan is for the Mutts is yet, we'll see how the rest go! I'll post up some more pics once they're done.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:28 pm »

Excellent! I've been looking forward to seeing some more of your figures painted  Smiley
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:44:55 pm »

Yeah, more Casanii Smiley

Does the Erilaii rider have facepaint? Cheesy
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »

Yeah, more Casanii Smiley

Does the Erilaii rider have facepaint? Cheesy

Yes!

It's well worth having a look back at his previous thread.
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:21 pm »

True Wink

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 09:43:02 am »

Yes - I wanted a really tribal/aboriginal look for the Casanii.

Progress so far, just the creatures to go now, I'll put up some better pics once they're all done:

Erik
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 06:57:23 pm »

Very nice work, there!

Care to make a few more photos with close ups and proper lighting?  Those look fantastic.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 10:58:08 am »

Looking great as ever! I'm assuming the white on the mutts is just a baseciat, but they look scary like that!
benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »

They do look a bit scary like that don't they! Maybe I should have left them in white to make them really stand out, may have missed a trick there... I had some spare paint on the pallet so did some details as I was painting the other two figures, hence the odd look!

Thanks for the comments Erik, decent photos to follow once they've had some tufts added to the bases and get a coat of varnish. Hopefully later this weekend if I have time.

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 10:00:40 pm »

And we're done! A pleasure to paint as always - and just in time to get more at Salute.

Shaman and Scout, I really like these guys:

Mutts - They've turned out alright, but I really like the idea of doing an albino mutt, now Mike mentioned the white ones look scary!

Finally, the Osengar. I wasn't sure about this when I was painting it but I think it's actually turned out pretty good!

Thanks!

The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 10:39:04 pm »

Nice work :)I like that you also went for a more aggressive scheme for the bird lion (at some point I'll know the name).

Keep on the hard work, see you at salute to grab more stuff!
Erik
Jenta

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 05:30:25 pm »

Wow!  Look at those eyes you painted!  Fantastic!

What color brown did you use for the Casanii skin?

I have a group in my painting queue... been working on a 15mm Team Yankee Bundeswehr Kompanie.

benmoor
Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys.

I used a mix of paint for the Casanii skin, but it basically revolved around Vallejo Charred Brown. Then layers starting with it mixed with black, then neat, then some mixed with a lighter beige colour (probably Khaki - I can't actually remember!).

Team Yankee looks good - I've been resisting getting a force so far!

Crucium Giger
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »

Superb work on these, the tribal paint really sets them off.

cruciumgiger.blogspot.com
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:37 pm »

Always a pleasure to see your painted figures! You've done an incredible job with the fine tattoos - they really stand out.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: