The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 03:30:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kedashi and Kosok???  (Read 3536 times)
serin
Qualified Engineer

« on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:57 pm »

I was reading some of the rules (as you do...) and had a question.

In the Chronicles of Anyaral, the entry about the Kosok (p54) says 'The predatory kosok soar over most parts of Anyaral, from the garish eru kosok of the Naralon Forests to the dorah kosok of the Argoran Wastes...

Twilight Traveller 6 states: 'The Trebarnii know the fearsome beasts of the forests and how best to deter them from their homes...' The rest of that entry on the Kelahn mentions how the Trebarnii utilise these beasts to their advantage to fight their enemies.

Putting these two things together, does that mean that the Trebarnii could use Kosoks? These new Kosoks would have to be painted in a 'garish' colour scheme, but would they be an acceptable addition to a Kedashi force?

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:17:59 pm »

That's a good point!
I've not been planning to add the kosok to the kedashi forces, but I'm sure some swarms will have put them to use. For the most part they are probably a nuisance to the kedashi, preying on the frenu and young trebarnii, but I'd happily endorse them as an unofficial option for the list, especially if you create a trebarnii character to look after them...
What do you think though, should they be an official option, like with the kelahn? Or is it cheating to nab too many devanu creatures?
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:05:15 am »

I imagine the Kosok as being competition for the Kedashi in the skies above the Naralon Forests.
With the 'Wild' Kosok preying on the Kedashi, I just don't think the Kedashi would want to tame any of them for their own use.

The Kedashi would probably just find another (possibly smaller) bird of prey to use against the Kosoks.
(This is of course, a blatant hint for Mike to scuplt a new avian.  Grin)

Also, whilst I would have thought it possible for any of the races to train a young Kosok, I like the idea that the Devanu are the only race big enough and strong enough to keep them under control when they are fully grown.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »

And that's an excellent counterpoint...
The kelahn can be lured into contact with the enemy, but the kosok would need training, which does seem less likely. While not impossible, I think I'll leave it as an unofficial option, if you can come up with a good story for it!
As for smaller predatory 'hawks'? Maybe, although I'm not really sure the kedashi need them... some day I'll do a really big pterodactyl-like predatory flier.
But for the moment the new kedashi units will be land-based...
serin
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »

Yes I will have to think about a back story to potentially have kosoks in the kedashi force.

Meanwhile, the new additions to the kedashi sound intriguing... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: