The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:12:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Valiant Dhogu  (Read 2830 times)
Dhogu Warlord
Jenta

« on: January 27, 2017, 07:41:22 pm »

Greetings from the frozen US! It's been quite some time since my last post, however, that time was very well spent. Several months ago, I found a local group of very active gamers! We meet every other Saturday for gaming, (however, some of us meet every week). Mordheim is the game we all mostly play, but we actually have quite a collection of different games we play. It's been about five months now that I've been with this group and after making some strong friendships and getting to know them pretty well, we've all started to introduce some of our more unique games. Recently, I introduced Twilight. I showed off my miniatures, the cards, the rules etc. Twilight sparked immediate interest! One of the guys went home that night and ordered a Casanii starter right away! Last weekend, he brought in his Casanii, I had my Dhogu and Devanu forces, so we had a three way battle. First of all, I'd like to take a moment to thank and congratulate the creator for making such an excellent game. It's very difficult to play a three way battle in most games, but with Twilight, the gameplay was absolutely seamless and it flowed together very smoothly.

The Casanii had the first initiative and they came in hard and fast. They were soon met by the rapid moving Devanu and combat and death were all around. My slower Dhogu force flanked both armies and the battlefield was just drenched with the blood of the dead. The Devanu were all but decimated before long and rather than succumb to defeat and death, he decided to route, fleeing the battlefield with their last grishnak and jenta hunter. As their tails turned and disappeared from sight, my Dhogu were locked in heated battle with what was left of the Casanii. At one point, a single Seh'ban Onsegar Rider held off five of my Dhogu spearmen, their captain and my Mighty Dhogu Warlord. For five or six turns, he held his own. With each turn, another Casanii Warrior would hop into the mix, making things for my Dhogu, all the more difficult. In the end, my Dhogu were finally able to bring him to face a glorious death, but not without great cost. Only my Dhogu Warlord and three noble spearmen were left to return victorious to their mountains in the frozen North.

In the midst of our epic battle, several other members of our group had to stop playing their own Mordheim to come and see what all our commotion was about. It wasn't long, before we were surrounded with an audience of eager onlookers. At this point, we now have six members in total who are all placing orders for Twilight within the next month, to either increase their current force, or getting a starter for their own journey in our beloved game of Twilight.

Some of us are actually playing again tonight, so I will return with news on the battles to come!

Once again, I'd like to thank Mike for all his dedication, passion, hard work and time that he has put into this remarkable game that is fast becoming my favorite. I can't thank you enough for the joy this game has given. I will try to post some pictures of the epic battle below, however, this is the second time I've tried to post and for some reason, it never posted. I may have done something wrong lol. It's been a while.

"A storm is coming, but we shall remain!"
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:05:26 pm »

Nice summary and I'm happy to hear you found new players! Sadly my group came to a bit of a stop at the moment, also because I was busy with other things and couldn't attend our monthly hobby days, but I'll try to push again Smiley All my minis need some action Cheesy

Keep us updated with these nice battle reports, it's a good read Smiley
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:43:47 pm »

That sounds like a very memorable game! Fantastic to hear what the models I send out into the works are up to Smiley
How was your next game?
Has your friend painted any of his casanii? If so, make sure he posts some pictures in the next couple of days!
Dhogu Warlord
Jenta

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:21:38 pm »

We played two games Friday night. For both games, we had to do the three way battle, since there were three of us with the same armies as before. The first, My Dhogu won the game, but only with a single Dhogu Captain! It was literally down to the luck of the last roll of the dice. The game was very close and pretty intense throughout the entire battle, and it was SO fun! I did take a lot of pictures, but for some reason, I can't seem to figure out how to post them here. I keep getting an error message.

Our second game went much different. Both games were played on a 3x3 table, so it was close quarters right off the start for both games. During the second game, however, the Devanu were getting annihilated by the Casanii. It was brutal to watch, and because I didn't want Jeff to have to sit out and just watch Braden and I play, (especially since we were playing at Jeff's house on his kitchen table!) I decided that I would help him out and charged my Warlord and Yirnak Riders right into the flank of the Casanii. Boy, did that go wrong for me! Out of no where, a Dompak with riders came storming out of the forest and smashed into my Dhogu! I tried to bring in support with my Dhogu spearmen, but the Dompak just wouldn't be felled. Before I could really get him surrounded, two Casanii scouts started to pick off my spearmen one by one. By the time I was able to bring them in to attack, I only had two spearmen left with their captain, and the Dompak had taken out one of my yirnak riders. The next turn was even worse. The Devanu were all but wiped out, and the riders on the Dompak decided to dismount, which game him even more of an edge. That beast is unstoppable! Or at least he is with what forces I had to offer to face him! I think we played through another two more turns, but my Dhogu were soundly and sadly defeated.

In winning, the Casanii player is now heavily cemented in the World of Twilight. He stated later that night, that this is one of the most fun and unique games that he's ever played, and with every game we play, it only makes him want to play it more. And that is an absolute truth for me as well. I become more and more enthralled with the game, the lore, and the figures. It really makes me think about my Dhogu, their clan history and where things will end up for them in years to come.   

"A storm is coming, but we shall remain!"
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »

Sounds like you're having a great time playing the game.
Is the Casanii's winning streak still holding up these days?

I must admit I'm a bit jealous, I'm a huge fan of the game and the range but I got no one to play with over here

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: