The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 01:48:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you pick your factions?  (Read 4271 times)
Tonio
Apprentice

« on: June 06, 2018, 07:26:00 pm »

I just got in the game recently, and having only looked at the base book, I decided to start with a couple of Empire and Devanu starters, to have the basic. That was with the intent of getting a third starter for my faction of choice after looking into it more and reading the background of the different factions, and the models.

I've now read much more, and I'm at a lost: there is far too many cool themes and cultures to choose from!  How did you pick your first/main faction when getting into the game?  Is is the background, the miniatures, the rules, other?
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »

I backed the original kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280484354/world-of-twilight-travels-through-anyaral so my original 3 factions were chosen for me Orel(Empire), Devanu and Delgon.

As you already have Empire and Devanu, I would highly recommend the Delgon as all three factions don't get on with each other.
i.e. you can fight with any two of them or even have a three way battle.

With the original kickstarter I also got the Trade Caravan as I just liked the look of the miniatures.

The second kickstarter was the Casanii, which ally with the Empire and Trade Caravan and so expanded what I already had.

Next I bought the Kedashi, just because I liked the look of the miniatures, plus they like most of my factions border the Argoran Wastes, so they all have a logical place to fight.

Finally I picked up some Knights of Relan, just to give me some different Empire Knights to play.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:05:23 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 08:26:26 am »

I'd say go with the one thats stands out to you miniature-wise, the minis from the range that first caught your eye.

My faction is the Engu...but then I did write some of there fluff so I'm a bit biased Tongue
The Slann
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 12:01:57 pm »

I started with the ks back then too, and after the first three classic starters, i raised my pledgelevel and got all starters... damn. And all minis that came since then.

Okay, that wasn't helpful probably :p

Otherwise I'd choose the minis i like most, ignoring the background, as the stories are all good Smiley
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 03:57:13 am »

Tak Sirahn is definitly my favourite model of the whole range, and I do like the Yartains. I'll probably get him next, and some Delgon or Dhogu. As mentioned, that covers all three main protagonists, and will give me a good coverage of factions. Smiley
discok3
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:25:38 am »

Buy everything..I couldn’t live without having all options Wink
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 08:56:19 pm »

Buy everything..I couldn’t live without having all options Wink
If only that was a viable solution! I'm too slow of a painter anyway to really benefit from that. Still like how you are thinking. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: