The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 06:10:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Halcyon's bits and pieces  (Read 18607 times)
GrimSnik
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 07:26:54 pm »

the purple tongues are awesome!!  Grin  I will keep that in mind when I paint my own.   Cheesy
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 04:26:47 pm »

My Devanu are now finished and pictures have been posted in the Competion area.
http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1907.0

Although it doesn't show up well in the pictures, I copied someone elses idea (apologies I can't remember who) of the the Devanu getting darker as they got older. The Jenta are all the same colour, the Kopa another and the Sempa a mix of the two.
Likewise the scales on the Kopa and Sempa are darker than those on the Jenta.
Again, it doesn't show up well in the pictures, but they all have the same shade of paler underbelly.

I had two attempts at painting the Kosok, the first attempt was using several shades of red.
It turned out quite well, but looked far too bright and out of place in a desert setting.
Also it just didn't look right when placed next to the other Devanu figures.
I settled for a Vulture inspired paint scheme and just couldn't resist keeping the red head when I saw pictures of the Turkey Vulture.

The painting has (just about) gone to schedule this month and hopefully I will also be able to finish Gohral, Obal and their Bodyguards before the competition ends.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:10:30 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 06:21:38 pm »

Following on from a comment that all the clothes looked the same colour...
which although I had used three different colours...
when I looked at the pictures...
I agree that the difference in the greys really was too subtle.  Sad

So I have just redone the clothes on the Sempa and kicking Jenta with two more different greys.
The group as a whole now looks so much better.   Smiley

Fortuneately, the group shot was the last I did and as I hadn't got around to clearing away my miniatures, I have been able to recreate a before and after shot.
(Although once again the picture doesn't really show the difference).  Roll Eyes

Before

After
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:11:31 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »

It already looks better and the variety in colours shows.
You can see the difference in particular on the hunter, who now has a far darker jacket.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:49:02 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 07:34:29 pm »

They look great, and well worth the re-visit to add a little more variety. Good dedication!

Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »

Gorhal, Obal and their Bodyguards are now finished and pictures have been posted in the Competion area.
http://www.worldoftwilight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1907.0

My Delgon army is now finished.

Since January a burgandy wash has been applied to the red on the Priests, to deepen it.
This change to the colour scheme has also been carried out on this months entries.  Smiley

Originally the red looked a little too orange, the new shade is much better, especially on NuraSen Plutom.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:12:31 pm by Halcyon » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 01:51:15 pm »

Good to see the whole force! I had forgotten about the KalGarkii (sorry!), but that's a nicely balanced and themed force that's looking great Smiley
Halcyon
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »

All the pictures in this thread, have now been changed from Photobucket to Imgur, so hopefully they won't disappear.  Smiley

(Note to self, I really must finish my building.)
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2017, 09:17:05 pm »

Nice forces, I particularly like your Devanu.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: