The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:06:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight at Sandy Lake Convention  (Read 1731 times)
Dhogu Warlord
Jenta

« on: March 24, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »

Hello and greetings from chilly Pennsylvania!

Very recently, I was given the honor to lead a demo at a small local convention in Sandy Lake, Pennsylvania. The event was relatively small, but it was my very first convention and my first time ever to lead or even partake in a demo, so this was just perfect for me to start with. Issuing the advice of the Twilight creator, I was issuing the Bug Hunt Scenario for this demo. I’m very pleased to say, that my demo table was full with three players for each demo and I ran four different run throughs. Several of the gamers stayed for a second game, trying a different warband the next time around. I think it went very well and people really seemed to enjoy themselves with the game, the world and especially the miniatures. I had four armies that were all painted up, Casanii, Delgon, Devanu and my Dhogu. I just ran the demo table and the garkrid, so I was free to help with rules or explaining anything else that may have needed further clarification. I’ll admit, it was a little weird but also very fun to just sit back and watch people play, without playing the game myself.

The Casanii and Devanu were the most requested to be played and they were the most prominent winners in the demo as well. I’ve played against the Casanii and Delgon so often over the last few years, that I’d forgotten how formidable and savage the Devanu are! It was really nice to see them played again though and I’m very pleased with how the players caught on with usuing their Stamina and abilities properly. When used correctly, the Devanu are very challenging to go up against! Sadly, my Dhogu were the least popular, but I actually really hate it when people touch my models or my dice, so I didn’t mind so much lol. I refused to let anyone use my Dhogu Dice, as those are sacred.

I wanted to post some pictures here of the event, but unfortunately, the picture files are too large and I can’t seem to make them smaller on my phone. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Im a little disappointed myself, as I was hoping to show off the games.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:36:02 pm by Dhogu Warlord » Logged

"A storm is coming, but we shall remain!"
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

It sounds like you had a fun event!
You got some good photos so we’ll have to try and figure out how to share them...
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:16:50 pm »

That sounds like a great day.
Both the Devanu and Casanii have this predatory savage look which must have made them so popular (both that and the fact they're a lot taller than the others). I do love to see a photo or two.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: