The World Of Twilight
March 19, 2024, 05:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Painting Challenge 2018 - Results!  (Read 6909 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: May 26, 2018, 04:35:17 pm »

Hi all!
Sorry for the delayed announcement, but this week has all been a bit too eventful*. It is however finally time to announce the winners of the 2018 Twilight Painting Contest!
As always, we’ve had a great selection of entries and I’ve loved seeing them take form over the last couple of months. All the winners and Special mentions for each of the three categories will get a Pree-Pree trophy for their collection. The winner of each category can also choose a new starter force for their next project. I struggled choosing just one winner for the Freestyle, so there are a few special mentions...

Best Painted Force:
This is always the core of the painting contests and this year I asked Joe to do the honours of judging this category.
First place: Koi-Koi’s children by Wouter Wolput**
Joe: A really great little army. Very consistent painting, and absolutely love the war paint on the ferals! All I want now would be better pics, so I can see more of them! Well done  Smiley
Special mention: Tak-Sirahn and Yartain by Graham Lewis
Mike: This force is a great selection – it’s fun to see a full force built around Tak Sirahn and the Yartain (I want to hear how they’ve been playing) and I love that he went to the effort of doing the snowdrift templates as well. Couple with his usual high standard of painting, this stands out!

Freestyle:
First place: Fubarnii Balloon by Anotoine 'Tonio' Bergeron
Mike: There are so many fun entries in this category, but it has been such a pleasure watching Tonio’s balloon take shape over on the Forum and the final piece is outstanding, both in terms of composition and colourscheme, and really feels like it belongs in the world of Anyaral. Apparently, it isn’t even finished as he’s planning to add a building to the base… Tonio is only a newcomer to Anyaral and I really can't wait to see what he does next!
Special mentions: Log Wagon by Graham Lewis
Mike: This is really pleasing to see assembled! The accompanying crew are such a nice touch – making use of some spare civilians and loose arms he must have got from the freebie box at a show to great effect.
Special mention: The Painted PreePree by Michael Rauscher
Mike: Such a clever idea! The painting and the sculpture are brilliant.
Special Mention: Mounted Elder by Lance Wilson
Mike: Lovely use of colours and the little Alideku on the base is an awesome touch!
Special Mention: Various Orel models by Phillip Reed
Mike: All of Phillip’s Orel models are beautifully painted both the individual models in the freestyle section and his force. They didn’t quite win any prizes, but as a collection they definitely stand out!

The Painted PreePree
My lovely wife and daughters each chose their top three critters for this.
First place: Tonio’s purple lizard
Both Lexie and Emily fell in love with this little critter – Lexie liked the texture and loved the little crosses on it’s back. Emily thought it was cute and pink. Jules preferred Tonio’s pagefourus, but she was outvoted!

The Prize Draw
Last night the girls were very keen to draw a name out of the hat, and Graham was lucky enough to be drawn first! (several others were drawn immediately afterwards, but I’m afraid there can only be one winner – sorry Hannah and Michael!) Graham, you can choose a unit or character from the range as your prize.

* Thanks to everybody for all the kind words and best wishes! Everything is genuinely okay, although it will take a little bit of time to get back to what we think of as ‘normal’.
** This was actually a really nice end to quite a long story and I’m glad I didn’t have to judge as I might have been a bit biased! Koi-Koi and Jak’iin were created as a result of the Engineer pledge from the Casanii Kickstarter, so Wouter was instrumental in their creation. I wasn’t initially too sure about his idea of a Fagin like Devanu, but we bounced ideas around and we came up with a character that I’m really proud of that hopefully gives a bit more depth to the Devanu as well as opening up some great force options! To see Wouter do such a good job bringing them to life brings it all around in a very satisfying circle!
Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:47:39 pm »

Congratulations to the winners and everyone who entered Cheesy
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:35:39 pm »

Thanks a lot Mike! Glad to hear you're okay.
Happy to hear my labor of love was appreciated Grin.
For me it's the one force you always keep building on.
Lek'Saa and her Grishak Jenta are almost ready to join the rest of the gang.
I also noticed some WIP in one of the videos showing a display case of Salute, which I think and hope are some reinforcements for the Ferals  Smiley.

Congratulations to everyone who participated, there were so many great looking entries again, and especially Tonio, excellent work all around!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:36:25 pm by Kryptovidicus » Logged

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 02:23:38 am »

Oh wow, I'm really happy my stuff was that well received! It's a nice incentive to finish the balloon's building once I'm done my sculpting project. Cheesy  Can't wait to get the starter and try the game out. Don't know yet what to choose. Smiley

I want to congratulate Krypto on his Force; they really came out nice, but also everyone else who entered. There are lots of creative and nice ideas in this group, and I'll really happy I'm a tiny part of it too now, to see what else people come up with over time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:18:37 pm by Tonio » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: