The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 03:26:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonio's Scenery - Fubarnii balloon  (Read 29621 times)
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:19 pm »

What an amazing start! I like the style, it reminds me very much of a funpark which was near the place In lived in Belgium.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efteling
Wow, that is a really cool, but weird, building!
It's an entertainment park grown from a fairytale garden, using the drawings from Anton Pieck.
The park itself prides itselves on buildings like these, giving it a cosy and unique feel and many attractions are based around it named after fairytales.
Your pointy towers reminded me of the buildings over there.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 05:10:07 pm »

That's coming along brilliantly Smiley
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 07:26:52 am »

The basket is now painted. Time to work on the base. Smiley

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 10:17:38 am »

Shocked Nice and smooth!
If it's up to me you're a winner  Grin.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 04:02:08 pm »

Shocked Nice and smooth!
If it's up to me you're a winner  Grin.
Thanks a lot. This project is using up all my hobby time, but it's a blast to work on.

Aren't the winners simple prize draw?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 06:03:50 pm »

That's a beauty.

Oh no, the winners aren't simply a prize draw - that's just a bonus prize. I'll be judging my favourites for the main prizes!
I'm now worried that wasn't clear...
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 07:06:21 pm »

I didn't really attention the first time I read it I guess, because I've just reread it and it seems pretty clear. My bad. Smiley
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2018, 09:30:01 pm »

The basket is now attached to the balloons. Glue isn't fully dry yet, but I'll hit it with some matt varnish tomorrow.  Only the base left to do for version 1.0.  Grin

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 12:32:59 am »

Looks even better than I expected! Shocked

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 06:54:34 pm »

That looks very cool!
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2018, 05:45:18 am »

Thanks guys. It's coming along quite well. Smiley

Good start on the temporary base for the balloon. Texture all done. I didn't work on the end of the branchs as they will be flocked. Will spruce up the base tomorrow, then it's paint and flocking time. It's gonna be big!

I also included a fake shot with the tower for v2, as I will be able to reuse the tree.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 06:04:57 am »

Superclever, it's like the balloon got stuck in the tree's branches.

Your sculpting skills are something else, I noticed on your site you're also doing commisions. Why not add terrain building to the list? You might get a lot of interested people.
The level of detail in the work you do reminds me a bit of Rob Hawkins, who's often doing boards for shows.
https://robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

On a different note, what kind of putty did you use for the basket and the tree?

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:05 pm »

That positioning was mostly for the picture. It will be floating a little bit above the tree for the final shot, held by a wire.

I have done some terrain as commission, mainly the boards for Endless and Brushfire found in my gallery. I don't do much, as I only do that in my free time, and most people don't want to pay that much for terrain. However, it is was I enjoy the most doing.

I've been following Rob Hawkins for years. Cheesy Got multiple tricks from his work.

The grey putty is Aves Apoxie Sculpt.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 10:17:00 pm »

The temporary base is now textured. I'll give it a couple hour to dry, then it's painting time.

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 05:54:05 am »

Almost done with the temporary balloon base. Might have gone overboard with the basing that I'll probably rip out. Just need to tweak the foliage colour and attach the balloon.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: