The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 03:07:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonio's entry  (Read 4246 times)
Tonio
Apprentice

« on: May 08, 2018, 03:25:09 pm »

I'm quite new to the game, and haven't set myself on a faction or two to collect yet, mostly reading the background right now, so I don't have a Force to work on. However, I did get some random critters in my first batch of minis, and I'll paint those for the Pree Pree category. They won't be as pampered for sure, but it lets me dip my toe in the Anyaral continent.

Models have been cleaned, and the bases filed to adjust the feet to fit the wood base insert I'll be putting them on.

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:41 am »

Nice bases! Just a few days to go, good luck!

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »

Everything is now primed, and bases are done. Smiley

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:25:11 am »

First critter is done. Anybody got the name of that nearby?

Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 10:19:51 am »

A great colour composition, beautiful work!
These bases look familiar, I think I used the same on my Grishak.
But yours look way more realistic, very nice.

Roleplaying games are a bit like a holiday. You visit new places and meet interesting people.
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 04:03:26 pm »

Bases are from the joint KS from CMON and Micro Art Studio some years ago. I think some of those are available in the regular MAS store too, or variants of them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:06:52 pm by Tonio » Logged
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:02:35 pm »

Very good! I'm sure the girls will love it Smiley
I'm afraid that one doesn't actually have a name yet...
Are you tempted to add any flock to the base, or do you prefer the cleaner painted look?
Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 09:32:55 pm »

The second critter is done. It was quite fun to paint. Smiley

Are you tempted to add any flock to the base, or do you prefer the cleaner painted look?

The second one does have more ground on it. I'll let them wait a bit and check out my basing supplies, to see if it's worth it or not.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 12:31:06 am »

Looks perfect, he really looks like he belongs there and is in his natural environment.

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 06:24:42 am »

Looks perfect, he really looks like he belongs there and is in his natural environment.
Yeah! That critter is so tiny, and that particular base was pretty dense, so it makes for a small scene just there, on a 30mm circle.
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 10:01:18 am »

Yeah, I agree, it's like a little diorama.
And pampering a pet is probably not something only done by the fubarnii. Though every species may have its own way of doing so.
Perhaps your Pagefourus is being pampered by a Kedashi Queen.
When I started thinking about how to tackle this part of the competition, my first thought was to have a fubarnii slave being pampered by its Devanu master. But given the sensitive nature of the judges I decided against it  Wink.

Tonio
Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 07:32:12 am »

Not sold on the white background, but it's too late to take more.

For the lizard:

Then the pagefourus:
Kryptovidicus
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 08:03:48 am »

Love the colours, the creatures really seemed to pop on the more muted natural looking base.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: