The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 11:17:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Call To Arms WoT Articles  (Read 12678 times)
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:01 am »

I'm alive................. Grin

Great read mate, I've played the Devanu in many games now and agree with what you wrote. 

When you first see the Kopa and all his abilities it is all too easy to get carried away sprinting up the field and getting killed off by a coordinated strike!  You need to pick fights carefully with any of the Devanu, don't rush needlessly into combat.  Use the Grishak to help thin the ranks first and help you to gang-up on Fubarnii.  You have speed on your side too so it's easier to pick the fights you choose.

Stay away from knight captains unless you can pounce on them unsupported and with little to no stamina.  The knight captain is a Devanu killer especially when he brings a few mates along for a coordinated strike.  I usually stay away from these guys until I can wear them down a bit or bring numbers to bear!

As Mike pointed out the Kopa has leap which has saved my bacon quite a few times and helped my Kopa's get out of some sticky situations!  It is an ability I really miss when playing a Sempa, but I'm glad the Jenta has it!  Smiley

Assassinate is another awesome ability the Devanu and, apart from the Jenta, all models available to the Devanu can attack in their activation without waiting for a combat phase! 

The Jenta are a great option for the Devanu at 50pts each.  2 Jenta and a matriarch make a devastating attack force, getting some high combat stone totals if you can get the trio into combat with one individual (Roban Smiley). Even just firing 2 Jenta at a target 12" away can net you an 8 stone combat....they are like mini cruise missiles!

Grishak are great and provide the workhorses of a Devanu force.  The more Grishak you can field the better they get, infact I've been playing games recently using only Grishak!  They MUST charge though, the 4 stone charge can be brutal, and I always go for all erac so the enemy save is -1.  If you get charged or bogged down in combat they are only cs2 which means militia will kill them  Sad  They are fast so you should have no real trouble getting in charges and sending 2 or 3 after knight captains is good. Grishak also have a good save of 4+.

The Kosok is our latest beast and is one I've enjoyed using.....I like 2, 1 on each flank!  They will annoy your opponent as he can't pin them in combat due to flit and they are quite hard to kill using ranged attacks too due to evasive  Smiley  I agree that their cs1 is pretty weak but on a charge a cs3 strike is still pretty good for taking out support models.  I use them to pick off rangers, engineers etc....models that can't fight that well in return!

The Devanu are an extremely powerful force with a lot of abilities.  Our greater speed is key to picking your fights, you will be outnumbered, and hit and run is a viable tactic with The Devanu Smiley

You will still have games though where you just can't help getting skewered by those pesky knight captains with their coordinated strikes.......... Roll Eyes

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 03:20:21 pm »

New issue up, including a review of the Pryn-Gul tower and an interview with Brandlin!

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 03:26:46 pm »

Excellent review of the tower, and Alan is apparently far more verbose than I am when it comes to Q&As!
Good job again  Smiley
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 04:20:48 pm »

Alan is apparently far more verbose than I am when it comes to Q&As!

no

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »

thought you might like to see this jubal - http://brandlin.blogspot.com/2010/07/call-to-arms-review-and-interview.html

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:10 pm »

There'll be a winter-themed scenario out this month.  Cheesy

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:22 pm »

Oooh, sounds good! Let me know if you want somebody to review it  Smiley
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 12:13:01 am »

http://s1.zetaboards.com/A_Call_to_Arms/topic/3975980

Here we are. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: