The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 07:02:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delgon Architecture  (Read 3835 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: January 23, 2011, 12:51:18 pm »

There was a question on another thread asking for some pictures of Delgon architecture. I recently did an image of a view across Delgon. I was trying out pen and inks as I've never used them a huge amount. The vague thought was to try and do similar views across different parts of Anyaral, but I haven't got that far yet.

I also dug out a few older sketches of Delgon buildings. I'm not sure if I've shared these before, but here they are again anyway.
Delgon buildings are large affairs, with most of the occupied areas above ground. Small tunnels link areas though, so you end up with small buildings away from the central structures.

This picture was in the original book:

These two are rougher sketches:

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »

stoppit - stoppit I say....

Sad

I have enough to do....

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:07:32 am »

most of the occupied areas above ground. Small tunnels link areas though, so you end up with small buildings away from the central structures.

Harder to tunnel through rock than earth. Makes sense

Nice pics

Maybe the salute board should be set in Delgon?

Grin
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:01:52 am »

most of the occupied areas above ground. Small tunnels link areas though, so you end up with small buildings away from the central structures.

Harder to tunnel through rock than earth. Makes sense

Nice pics

Maybe the salute board should be set in Delgon?

Grin

what salute board?  Wink

i had suggested making a multi layered board with the fubarnii tunnels and living areas under the surface buildings, but somebody turned down the idea :p
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:03:24 am by Brandlin » Logged

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: