The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 10:19:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Delgon Sketches  (Read 5390 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: January 22, 2011, 11:11:57 am »

I've been thinking about the second Twilight book recently and one of the big jobs is having images of all the different characters and troops. I thought you guys might like to see what I've been up to so far, so may I present sketches of Roban, a strider and a derakeer. Roban in particular was a real challenge to get looking right. Let me know what you think - I hope you like them!

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:12 pm »

Beauuuuutiful.  Cheesy

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:19 pm »

Gotta say, I heartily approve of all of these, though the Strider the most. Any chance you'd make one in that pose?

Scalifano
Spam-hunter
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:01:07 am »

Very nice!!  I say hire this artist.  Wink

I especially love the Derakeer and Strider. 

Now, there are some things I would love to see next:

1. Some sort of battle scene (I know, it's not that easy to do, but that would be awesome!).  Roban smashing a Grishak with his club, while having another in other hand.  And a 3rd Grishak there ready the strike from his distracted side.

2. Fubarnii in color?

3. Delgon architecture or landmarks.

Keep up the awesome work Mike!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:15:19 pm »

Ta for the comments. I agree that I would love to see all three of those things! The first challenge is to get a suitable drawing for all the different units in book 2. Once I've made some decent progress on that I'll start playing a bit. I would love to do a proper fight scene (a simple picture of a devanu fighting a knight is something I've never quite managed, but really want!).

I've got a few sketches of Delgon architecture that I'm not sure I ever shared. I might start a new thread for those...

Some day I will do a character strider in that sort of pose, as well as a repose of the basic model. Some day.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:37:27 pm »

Here's another one... a couple of standard Delgon soldiers.
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:49 pm »

have to say I am liking all of these mike with the exception of the strider picture... it just sin't doing it for me. Better to leave them out of the book i think, and to stop casting them.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »

have to say I am liking all of these mike with the exception of the strider picture... it just sin't doing it for me. Better to leave them out of the book i think, and to stop casting them.

Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: