The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 04:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probably a silly rules question sorry  (Read 5220 times)
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« on: February 09, 2011, 10:00:03 am »

I'm looking to try Twilight out of friday with a friend but, I can't seem to make sense of the stones result rules on the downloaded rules update 2010 from the website. I though I understood perfectly but then the example throws me off, it seems to me that the Devanu sides 4 Oran would counter the 4 Erac by the Fubarnii and then the Devanu would be up 2 Erac before adjustments making the rest of the combat a bit strange. I can understand the rest of the combat and how the cut and thrust plays out, just not the initial result.

So I guess I am wondering if I'm missing something or being a bit silly?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:01:57 pm »

Don't worry at all about asking silly questions!  Smiley

In that example the Devanu selected to cast 4 Erac and 2 Oran, but when he cast them he only managed to get 1 successful oran and 1 successful erac (see the diagram, it isn't explicitly stated in the text). The Fubarnii cast 4 erac, and managed 2 successes. At that stage the Devanu's oran would cancel one of the Fubarnii's erac, so both sides would land a single blow. Hopefully the rest of the example makes sense from there in, but feel free to ask if you need any more clarification.
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:22 pm »

Oh wait a minute by cast them it literally means throw them right? If they land face up they are a success, face down a failure?
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:42 pm »

Yup, I was just awkward and used the word 'cast' rather than 'throw' when talking about combat stones... So a success means it lands face up, and a failure means it lands face down.
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:26 pm »

Ah that totally makes sense now I was thinking you selected and then played poker style mind games, but I was struggling to see how more stones wouldn't win every time
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:26:01 pm »

there are rules?

no body tells me anything round here!

i just look at the pretty shiny models!

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Axel Chohimajin
Jenta

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:32 am »

You and me both

...stares at closet full of unpainted and unassembled models Cry
Napar
Hatchling

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 04:15:43 pm »

I was about to ask the same silly question.  I'm happy I did some searching around!  Wow this helps me out so much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: