The World Of Twilight
April 28, 2024, 11:53:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Twilight video!  (Read 10522 times)
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 11:57:39 pm »

easier to scrap the striders altogether then

modify the fluff so they all get eaten by necrons or something

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:47 am »

Off topic (sorta), but I'd like to register my request for the Delgon troops/Striders to also have thicker spears please! I've been replacing mine with brass rod this weekend, and it's driving me mad!  Shocked
I'm planning to do something with the striders, but sadly the troops would require almost an entire resculpt to have thicker spears so it isn't really practical/economical at this time. Sorry!
At least the spears are much shorter....
Good news about the Striders then (sorry Brandlin).

The issue I had was that once the spear had bent significantly (I had very droopy spear heads), the already feeble area was now rather more weakened even if you bent the head back very carefully and gently.

I would have thought that you could thicken the spears on the Delgon troops without resculpting the whole figure though? Could you not effectively replace the shafts with a thicker rod (or apply a thin layer of putty over the current spear shafts) and then remould, or is it more involved than that?  Huh

Worst case scenario, some new thicker spear heads and butts on a separate sprue would make brass rod replacement on the troops much easier (as the sizes of those is what limits the thickness of the brass rod replacements more than anything else).

Either way, I'm halfway through replacing my troops' spears myself now... I'm sure that on the basis of repetition alone (18 spears; each one takes about 30mins!), this is a subtle form of torture!  Lips sealed
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »

That's the reason 30+ militia are still forlornly in a bag. Eventually they'll know the joy of solid spears!

Grimmtooth
Jenta

Eat what can be eaten

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 06:59:33 pm »

Hi all on the situation with the spears I dont see a problem metal has always bent this way and that so I dont see that as a problem.

if they break after bending more than two or three times then maybe the metal's wrong ? Huh

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: