The World Of Twilight
April 18, 2024, 01:57:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first finished Fubarnii - Commander Brenar  (Read 5200 times)
clam
Senior Apprentice

« on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

Can tell how many times I've started painting my Empire's - but never ever finished a single one, yet. Always ended up in a bucket of crystal soap before actually finishing it.

I'm have some degree of colour blindness, so cant visualise, how colours go together - so do it quite mathematically. Some of my test scheme was simply boring painting even if the worked visually - other tests fail under the critical eyes of my wife. But this one got her approval - and as it was fun painting, too - I might actually have found myself a colour scheme Cheesy

I started with Brenar, because I love painting characters, but also because I needed an entry for a Danish online painting challenge, with the theme: "do a 'general'".

Commander Brenar

And yes, he hasn't got his shields - but I'm awaiting the new supplement shields Mike has done - so hopefully it will show up before long.

So what do you think? Not 100% true to fluff, but that's me (for those familiar with my previous works). I hardly ever paint things (apart from historian's) as they where described. I see this tribe here - as coming from a desert world. It's probably the caravan/trader approach that makes me see them more as nomads/arabs.

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:07 pm »

That is a very nicely painted Brenar! It almost seems a shame that he'll have a shield which will cover some of the painting. I especially like the flesh colour, what colours did you use?

clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:07:57 pm »

Thanks Smiley

For the skin I used a base coat of VMC830 German Fieldgrey - and than started adding VMC884 Stone grey to it. Final highlight is Stone grey with a very small amount of pure white.

Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:48:44 pm »

I really like the flesh colour too

Nice work on this lil' chap

The metals are nice too
Emberbreeze
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:05:02 pm »

Excellent! I'm now looking forward to seeing a unit of militia to go with him.

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »

I like the subdued colour scheme, it works really well. He fits in really well with his base too.

HN
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:04:25 pm »

I can confidently say that is the first pink-armoured Fubarnii I've seen! It works though  Smiley
I echo the sentiments on the skin colour - very nice. I do need to hurry some shields out to you now!
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

Have a like 150 colours i various shades of green, grey, browns, reds and blues - all in the same natural colour shade - so I really wanted something a bit more spicy for these. I usually describe World of Twilight as a weird fantasy setting - so why not use weird colours Smiley

But glad it wasn't an all thumbs down, here - so thanks guys. Should inspire me to do some core soldiers.

And no need to rush Mike - like Geclkilian said - would almost be a shame hiding him behind a shield Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:52:18 pm by clam » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: