The World Of Twilight
April 23, 2024, 10:06:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony's painted models  (Read 4707 times)
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 17, 2011, 09:32:19 pm »

Tony's a good friend of mine who is rather nifty with the hairy sticks. He let us use his Devanu at the big salute game, so I nabbed the opportunity to get a few photos  Smiley

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:37:21 pm »

Very nice there! I must admit it's surreal seeing a force with less Grishak than Devanu.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:43:37 pm »

I really liked these on the day, very crisp colouring in within the lines.

My favourites are the kosok.. Loved the wing details.

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
darth tater
Darth Teaser - Twilight Playtester
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »

They look great! As they also did yesterday Smiley

They have a very "natural" look and could almost be real.........

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 08:58:13 am »

They mesh very well with Ben's paintjobs, but the adults are a little lighter.
Tony spent a lot of time on the kosok's trying to work out what I meant when I described my view of the wings as having flecky patterns on them. He did a great job on the end. I'm not sure he'll be happy with me when he sees that one of them has a couple of chips  Embarrassed
clam
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:48:04 am »

They sure are impressive. Tony did a great job, and hopefully all the nice pictures and kind words - will make it all worth it. And after all they are gaming pieces , right?  Grin

Btw: Is there any 'official' colour guide to the Devanu - not that I would follow it, of course. But still curious to know what the original were meant to look like.

My painting-blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses
Ben Brownlie
Colouring In Bloke
Development Team
Senior Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »

Nice figs there. I'm with Brandlin on the wing details, impressive

Btw: Is there any 'official' colour guide to the Devanu - not that I would follow it, of course. But still curious to know what the original were meant to look like.

You'll have to ask Mike on that one. For most of the painting I do for him he is very relaxed about what schemes I use so there is little in the way of official colours, more a vague guidance from above on some of the models *. If anything I do gets adopted as official then great, but there's plenty you can do without having to worry about officialdom. The World of Twilight is a varied place indeed

*In fact Mike often has mini heart attacks when I tell him what plans I have for his models  Grin
halfmileduck
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:22:12 pm »

Thanks Mike, they were a real pleasure to paint, the Devanu models are beautifully smooth, with lots of detail to work with and large areas of musculature to highlight.

I really should add another 4 Grishak to the force, but am also sorely tempted with the new spear carrying model, so it is a toughie...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: