The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 11:21:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Begining...  (Read 5508 times)
Juan
Jenta

« on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »

Hello.
I have just returned from Salute to Spain with my first miniature of "World of Twilight" and a lot of questions and ideas, but the more important, at the moment, is:
                   The downloable rulebook is the only one I need to play?  Huh
And the next one:
                   Have you "Army Books" of the different factions?  Huh

Thank you a lot.
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:40:11 pm »

The rules are in the downloadable book, yes.

You can find some additional rules (as well the basic rules) in the new book that was out at Salute - the new book is dark blue instead of red. The additional rules in the new book are the rules for shooting.

Each book has the rules for the models that were out when it was released, and the scenarios in them use models available up to the point that they were printed (more or less).

No separate army books or anything else though.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

Indeed, no need to keep buying different army books - just the main rules and an expansion book so far with the new stuff in from all the factions. Such an approach leaves even more money for figures!

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

If you didn't get the new rulebook at salute then there is a set of play test rules from last year that you can download and will let you use most models (including ranged weapons). Alternatively you can buy a copy of the new rulebook from me and and get lots more background as well  Smiley

Oh, and more importantly, welcome!
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:20:34 pm »

I got the red rulebook ( version 1.1) is that not the new one?
I understand about the expansion rulebook for the Delgon but does that adjust any core rules? Or am i out of date?

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »

@Megatron0:

It is the latest version of the first book. The new book has a blue cover and adds rules for Deraks and shooting generally IIRC.
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:35:03 pm »

Book 1 is the red one, From Slaves to Emperors. It covers all the rules you need to play with small forces for the Devanu and the Empire. Book 2 has a blue cover, Of Gods and Demons. It covers new rules for ranged weapons and adds the Delgon forces. It also adds new units for the Devanu and Empire (including danomar, arak-katain etc) and a pile of new scenarios, mainly focussed on the Delgon.
I will have a go at putting up stat cards for all the new units, but I think there is enough in book 2 to make it worth the purchase, even if you aren't collecting Delgon (I am biased though as I spent the last couple of months working hard on finishing it off!).
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:01:32 pm »

Actually I want that book and I remember that you said I could message you for it?
Consider yourself messaged!

Juan
Jenta

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:12:56 pm »

"Alternatively you can buy a copy of the new rulebook from me and and get lots more background as well"

Yes, I want both rulebooks. How can I order them from you? I have been reading the downloable version, and I like it a lot, is very interesting.

Ah, thank you very much for your (fast) help answering me.

Cheers,
Juan 
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:58 pm »

Send me a pm with your address and email address. They'll be £14 for the pair, then £2 p&p. Payment through pay pal is by far the easiest if you can manage it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:31:41 pm by Carcharoth » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: