The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 09:48:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, My names Paul, and I've recently become and addict....  (Read 3305 times)
TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:19 pm »

Hi all,

Brief intro:
I've been gaming for 22 years, painted full time for 4.5 years, had a couple of years of little hobby at all, and am now re-finding my enjoyment of it all.
I've been aware of Twighlight since seeing the first demo of it at Salute a couple of years ago.
Last year I bought a set of knights, after talking to the stall staff for far too long.
I promised to return with them painted.
51 weeks later, guilt got to me and I painted my first knight (links not working - see the attachment! )

I'm officially hooked!

I really enjoyed painting the figure, which has been rare for me where 28's are concerned since I stopped painting full-time.
More rare is that I buy figures either at full retail price, or without thoughts of re-sale value when I do so. That all said, I opened my wallet 5 times at salute, and 3 of those were at the twighlight / Brandlin stand - looks like I have some painting to do, which at last I can say I am much looking forward to!  Grin

I'm yet to be bothered to really push the boat out on any painting in recent years, so dont expect wonders, but hopefully I can knock out some quick jobs that at least start to do the wonderful sculpts justice  Grin

To all those involved - keep it up!

Cheers,
Paul "TuffSkull" T.
http://hobbybrush.com

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

Wow, hello and welcome Paul!

Nice to 'see' a familiar face from Tac Comm!  Wink
Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »

Hi Paul!
Thanks for showing me your minis on Saturday - the knight looked great, and there looked like a lot of other cool minis in that case as well! Smiley

Welcome to the site, hopefully you'll share some more paint jobs within the next 51 weeks  Wink
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:18:10 pm »

Welcome to the forum, and very nice work on that knight!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: