The World Of Twilight
April 20, 2024, 04:37:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: KalGush playtest  (Read 11548 times)
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:02 am »

Unstable [T]. At the end of the turn (after gaining stamina), roll one dice for each point of stamina on the model. If any 6s are rolled then pressure has gone critical. The KalGush may choose to Vent immediately, but must then roll again for all stamina on the model. If any sixes are rolled then the weapon explodes and all models in 1" must make a tough save (possibly this should be 2"?).

So to clarify that;

Say I have three stamina, I roll two threes and a six. I can then either explode, or gain a re-roll of ALL dice by venting?

I'm also still a lil' concerned that 2CS base is kinda low, that means that to get to the stage where you have a better attack than the derak you're looking at a 1/3 chance (2 stamina) of rolling one of those deadly sixes. This is shaping up to be a beautifully characterful weapon though, I'm loving the feel of the rules. Smiley

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 11:49:14 am »

If you have three stamina and roll as you've said then the system has gone critical. You can either risk it and roll all three dice again (with a 6 meaning you explode), or you can firstly vent to reduce the number of stamina. You could vent one, two or three times, but if you leave any stamina on the model then there is a chance of exploding.
Ill have a think how best to word that more clearly!

That does mean you can build up pressure for a big attack, but if things go critical then you are left with the tricky decision whether to vent or risk explosion.

I think I'll also make the minor modification that stamina is not recovered by models in a gas cloud.
Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:09 pm »

I think I'll also make the minor modification that stamina is not recovered by models in a gas cloud.

Yes! now that makes it interesting! Because you could really stick it to some devanu >: D I like that idea and it helps bringing up its value towards 30pts

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 11:31:26 am »

So if I went critical on 3 dice, I could vent thrice and be safe, vent twice and roll one dice, once and roll two, if any are 6 I explode. Yep?

Do you have any ideas for how a Fubarnii engineers' one might be different? I should probably make a revised version in the Cracking Contraptions article as it slowly works its way towards general useability...

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 10:51:21 am »

I haven't had chance to try this little guy yet, but I really should do!

I'm not sure how an Empire engineer's contraption would be different. I doubt it would actually be designed to kill - rather designed to stun or disable. The less volatile chemicals might make the whole thing less unstable. Maybe add a pressure valve so he only has a maximum of 3 stamina. If he lands a blow then the model is stunned rather than killed (Models lose 1 combat and support, cannot regain stamina - effect expires on a 4+ during the end phase). The attack counts as a cloud effect.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: