The World Of Twilight
March 29, 2024, 07:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a writer...  (Read 4612 times)
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:08 am »

For A Call To Arms, the e-zine I edit, I'm hunting for a few more writers. I'm writing 80+% of the articles at the moment, and I can't physically manage to cover the news of Wargaming, world, do interviews, write comment sections, and do a load of quality articles every month considering I've got 9 AS exams in the imminent future.

For that reason, I'm wondering if anyone would like to chip in as a World of Twilight reporter? Basically it'd just be writing the odd article on tactica or painting or indeed more or less whatever you like WoT related, plus making sure that any major WoT stuff gets into every month's news column. For those who don't know, the e-zine is run on forum software to make adding articles nice and easy, reports on stuff from across wargaming quite regularly (with WHFB and WoT being the most major systems we look at purely because the current writers play them the most). We've had a definite lull in activity for a while due to the fairly small writing staff deciding they have other things to be doing, but given that we're still producing some fairly good articles & interesting interviews I'm hopeful that with a bit of new blood around the site could undergo a nice revival.

Any questions do ask.  Smiley

WoT Reporter and editor of A Call To Arms.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:43:10 am »

You are welcome to pilfer or edit stuff from the forum for your articles - i would assume most people wouldn't mind you stealing bits and pieces if you asked first and gave credit. There are some scenarios that might fit well, or a bestiary bit based on the creature comp, or simply some random bits of fluff if you thought they might go down well. Top and tailing that sort of stuff would be easier than starting from scratch.
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:12:21 am »

Some point soon I'll be trying to write some fiction from the point of view of the Delgon, should Mike not mind. You'd be welcome to use it.

Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:24:22 am »

All sounds good. I'm reluctant to use too much non-original stuff by way of rules and scenarios, because then there's little point for people to go read the e-zine if they're already on the forum... Collecting some stuff into articles could certainly be an idea though.

Mike: Also, if and when you next do a competition, if you could PM me a couple of paras on it I can put that in as a heads-up type news item.
Geck: That sounds excellent, thanks.

Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:36:09 am »

All sounds good. I'm reluctant to use too much non-original stuff by way of rules and scenarios, because then there's little point for people to go read the e-zine if they're already on the forum... Collecting some stuff into articles could certainly be an idea though.[\quote]

Except it good advertising for this forum.

What level of readership do you have?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »

Our readership is really quite low; our forum gets a similar amount of activity to this one at best, and we're rarely going above 200 readers a month. The main difficulty is that it's hard to get any of our current writers out to conventions, and most wargaming forums that I've found operate no-advertising policies of some sort or other. Clearly 200 readers isn't nonexistent, but it's under a tenth of what I suspect we could/should be getting.

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:54:02 pm »

Am happy to advertise for you on my blog, i'm getting around 400 page hits a day.

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Jubal
Engineer of Larigal
Qualified Engineer

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:57:33 pm »

That'd be pretty cool, thanks. (And you've reminded me of my intention to get round to ordering some more buildings, too...)

Brandlin
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »

Done.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: