The World Of Twilight
March 28, 2024, 02:43:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the World of Twilight forum!
Automatic registration has been disabled, but if you are new and wish to register then just send me an email (m.thorp@talk21.com) and I'll sort it out. Don't forget to say what username you would like!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Other projects.  (Read 25076 times)
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« on: April 28, 2011, 04:31:10 pm »

So since the Salute blitz I've generally been taking it easy (i.e. not painting much) for Twilight. So far it's just been the little critters. However I've still been painting, mostly for the roleplaying sessions I'm in. I tend to convert up and paint characters for pretty much everyone in the group, which makes combats more visually interesting.

Lately a character of mine, the wizard Jonas Tauln, make a bit of a faustian deal with the main bad guy, mostly to pass the time. As such here he is after the sudden transformation, on the right. The statue on the left is simply something he can turn in to as he's a wizard.

With any luck the next things in the painting queue should be either Twilight Traders or Herders of some kind, as well as possibly a tree, so Twilight should be getting some attention soon. Anything else is likely to turn up here.

Carcharoth
Twilight Creator
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »

I like the look of those, very nicely done!

Sorry for moving the post, but figured it would actually be nice to have somewhere to enthuse about other random ranges of minis or show off non-twilight models so I created a new place for them  Grin
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »

Oho, cheers. When I saw the moved notification my first thought was 'Oh crap, I missed a board!'

Lost Egg
Lord of Engu
Administrator
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »

Cool. The stone dude reminds me a bit of the animated "Fist of the North Star."

HN
Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

It looked familiar, and it took a few seconds to realise that the wizard is based of eSevvy.  Tongue

Good conversion (and I love his staff!)  Grin
Brandlin
Official Fubarnii Architect
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »

Wait? There is life outside of twilight???

Why does no one tell me this stuff?

Brandlin - Home of Laser cut styrene building kits - NOW OPEN!

"Engineers are too precious a resource to let go wandering the open countryside" - Emberbreeze 9/11/11
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:06:44 pm »

Managed to get something else done - a Reaver Titan for Epic: Armageddon -

I'm using the Adeptus Mechanicus Titan Legions list, so instead of this guy being support, he's actually a core formation. I'm aiming to get another Reaver, 2 Warhounds, a pair of Thunderbolt fighter proxies and 8 'Sentinels' (the old Chaos Dreadnoughts) done for Wednesday morning as I may have a game, so there'll be more shot coming.

Of course I also have 'several' other titans also assembled and primed, so no doubt those'll get painted too.

Major_Gilbear
Jenta

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:10 am »

Heh, that looks ace! I particularly like the converted arm weapons - any chance of a better shot of them please?  Grin

Not convinced by the landing pad though... I think it doesn't look like it is supported at all, and the top isn't weathered like the rest of the Titan. Of course, it could be a placeholder too, in which case I'll shut up!  Tongue
Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:27 pm »

Hmm, I probably should weather the landing area itself. The sides and support are painted as per the rest of the titan. It certainly is supported, though the angle of the pics doesn't really help. Should be clearer on this -

Arms were made from a thunder hammer haft section (the energy cell bit, for the upper arms) and parts from the Bastion Defence? lines, terrain from 40k. Specifically the quad-autocannon, cut down slightly, with ammo clips added from terminator assault cannons.

TuffSkull
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »

Very nice titan. Your lens / screen work really makes it pop, but I do agree that the platform needs weathering as it looks out of place at the moment. I'm guilty of doing the same many times over myself, and then never getting round to fixing it though.... so I probably shouldn't talk...!   Embarrassed

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

Cheers for the comment. Without the purple it would be very flat indeed. I've not actually got round to weathering the carapace pad, since I'll likely be selling the titans anyway (as I'm getting newer, nicer ones!) but I did get round to painting up a test rhino and stand of nurgle marines -

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 12:02:38 am »

Looking good! im always been partial to tiny models :3 Whats Epic like?

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 12:15:39 am »

I'll confess, no idea. I've never played, though I'm starting up 4 armies (Death Guard, Red Corsairs, Adeptus mechanicus and a new Titan Legions) as another friend is collecting marines now. From what I've read it can be brutal and more demanding than the 40k style of running forwards and gunning everything down.

Megatron0
Merchant of Enipel
Distinguished Engineer

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:21 am »

Ahh I do hear good things about it so once you start playing any info would be great! I like the sound of those titans! though im not generally a big fan of sci-fi Im more of an alternate fantasy man myself. This does peak my interest

Geckilian
Hunter of Orelan
Distinguished Engineer

NuraSen'Malog

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »

Quickly converted this guy up from a Ral Partha dwarf for use as a cleric in the OD&D game I'm running currently. Just had to carve off the axe blades at the bottom of the weapon, and added a hammer to the top, as well as an evil empire dwarf thunderer buckler. The base is a nice cthulu one from Fenris.

The figure fitted quite nicely for a Dwarven follower of Ormyr the Shrewd, a homebrew deity of prosperity, wealth and cunning. Pretty pleased with the purple, though I need to tidy up the armour on the feet and what not.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: